1988 635CSi, "Fritz"

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

OnTheFritz

1988 635CSi, "Fritz"

Post by OnTheFritz »

So now that we've had the car for a while now, and I've built up a thorough archive of pictures, I figured I should finally start my own thread \:D/

I have an 8/87 build 635CSi auto with an estimated 146k miles (estimated because odo stopped working), basically stock, everything original (save for a few things like stereo and wheels), mostly all in working condition. No visible rust aside from a pair of slivers on the panel in front of the rear wheels, but the underbody and everywhere else looks quite clean. A not-insignificant sum of money has gone into the car in the 3 years of ownership so far (currently going through the checkbook with a couple shops at the time of writing this post), but overall has been relatively trouble free for a 30 year old car [-o<

But the real reason I write is because yesterday, the 24th, was a big day for my car. It officially turned 30! 8-[ So I thought I'd celebrate and finally expose the car to some fellow shark owners and contribute to the site with some info and, most importantly, pictures! Fritz has had had immeasurable impact to me personally in a relatively little span of time, and I can't imagine life without this car. I had no idea what the deal was with BMW and "The Ultimate Driving Machine" title until I really started driving the car, and now it all makes so much sense. It's not the fastest in a straight line, it isn't a track muncher, but it really is pure driving pleasure taking the twisty backroads or late-night cruising around town. It has such a character and personality I didn't think a machine could have. I will never part with this car.

Now enough of the sappy stuff. Time for the good stuff. Pictures!

8/87 635CSi A, #3266516