Legends of the Autobahn

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

zinnocoupe

Legends of the Autobahn

Post by zinnocoupe »

So I just came back from Monterey where my wife and daughter and I saw the Legends show. Wow it was great and all the cars everywhere in town for car week. I saw more cars in parking lots and an the street that you'd see at a car show here in Vancouver. We also hung around outside the Sotheby's auction and watched as a few of the cars drove in to be auctioned. I took a fair mumber of pics , less than I thought I took but I'm going to post a bunch here. I have just switched over to Flickr after having endless problems with Photobucket.( don't get me started :evil: ](*,) ) So instead of posting all the pics here I'm going to post a link to my public photostream on Flickr. I hope this all works. I am planning on showing the pics in two groups, one for the legends and one for all the street/ parking lot cars. Theres a lot of modern Ferraris and Lamborghinis etc, but hey it was pretty exciting getting to see them all
I had originally arranged to meet Bobbo (GRNSHARK) at the show but that didn't work out unfortunately, maybe another time. I did see his car thats the pic I'll post here.https://www.flickr.com/photos/151834021 ... ed-public/
OK well I don't seem to be able to post a pic just a link. I guess that will have to do till I figure this out. :oops:

Heres the link to to the flickr photos
https://www.flickr.com/gp/151834021@N05/m744Se

Also for your viewing enjoyment is the latest e12 I looked at, and may be buying. I havent decided yet. Its Charmonix with Cardinal interior. Its in great shape, non running and automatic. Still deciding on weather I need another non running BMW 8-[

My apologies for just posting a link but maybe I'll change this when I figure Flickr out. It seem like the photo hosting thing never seems to want to cooperate with me. With photobucket I would just save the photos address by right clicking and then paste that in between the two image image brackets that appear but now its just giving me a link and not pic.
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
tschultz

Re: Legends of the Autobahn

Post by tschultz »

Will be interesting to hear if you buy it!
http://www.Drive4Corners.com
'79 635CSi Revival
'80 635CSi
'83 633CSi Callaway Turbo continued as 1988 535is Turbo
SOLD: '81 635CSi/A
zinnocoupe

Re: Legends of the Autobahn

Post by zinnocoupe »

I'm just waiting to hear back from the seller who is a young guy selling the car for his elderly aunt. Car belonged to the deceased uncle and has be sitting in an underground for 27 years. Seller doesnt really know BMWs and is convinced the cars worth $10K. The family is deciding to accept my bid or move on to the next possible buyer. I've already bid higher than I feel its worth just because of the minty condition but I think they are going to try to get more. Its a bit of a nailbiter!!!
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen