Time to introduce my car

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bigboystoy

Time to introduce my car

Post by bigboystoy »

Its been a couple of months now since I purchased my 1986 635csi and started researching and seeking help on this forum and I feel it's now time to introduce my car to you fine people.

The car is an original Australian delivered car which spent a brief period as a dealership show car before being bought and owned for the next 30 years by its previous owner. Its only done 163000kms and been dutifully serviced when needed. Unfortunately, all the little things that stopped working were not attended too so it was in need of some care and attention. Items such as failed ODC display, faulty radio, seized antenna, loose seats, broken headlights, ungassed air conditioning, just to name a few, are all minor individually, but combined can detract from an otherwise great car.

So over the past two months, my A4 sheet of faults has been whittled down to just a few lines and these can be attended to over the coming months. Safety and comfort items have been my priorities as well as better wheels and some attention to its presentation. The air conditioning is a commenced project with compressor, condenser, drier and valve being chased down, and more suitable springs being researched to improve its stance.

I'm not sure whether the car is a keeper or not, but whilst I'm its caretaker, I'll give it the attention it deserves and enjoy being a 635csi owner.

Here's a few photo's of how it currents presents.
BMW1.jpg
BMW1.jpg (97.79 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
BMW2.jpg
BMW2.jpg (90.71 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
BMW3.jpg
BMW3.jpg (79.3 KiB) Viewed 5746 times
Past toys:
1979 Volvo282GT
1988 Porsche 944S
Current toy:
1986 635 CSi
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time to introduce my car

Post by GRNSHRK »

Looks pretty good, welcome to the madness :lol:

There's a pretty good contention "down under", plenty of mates to help you get her sorted =D>
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Gday mate
Welcome, the car looks very good. That repair list is a good bunch of manageable items which you can get to in the short & longer term. In the meantime you can enjoy driving the car.
What's broken about the headlights? Just cracked glass or do they not work? And are they the new wheels in the pics or have you got others in mind?
bigboystoy

Post by bigboystoy »

Sorry for the delay getting a response. Away on holidays.

Wheels are new purchase as the ones on the car when purchased were Commodore 1980's shite. These give the car a modern look but still retro enough to suit the car. That's my opinion anyway.

When bought there were holes in the glass of a low beam, a high beam and one of the fog lights. Trying to track down local second hand items was difficult and even the final low beam was an E30 item and I had to adjust one of the locating pins to suit. Still, all's good now.

As for the list, its very satisfying to tick each item off one by one. Oh, and the cars great to drive in the meantime.
Past toys:
1979 Volvo282GT
1988 Porsche 944S
Current toy:
1986 635 CSi