The last M635 CSi

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Bayerische

The last M635 CSi

Post by Bayerische »

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.

Although I am new to the site, I am not new to the 6 series. I am on my second 6. My first was a 1989 Highline in Royal blue with silver leather. It was a bit of a barn find, generally a very good car with only 63000 miles on the clock, but the owner had sadly passed away and it sat in a hay shed on a stud farm for 5 years, only doing 500 miles in that time. The owners widow refused to sell for sentimental reasons, but finally relented it as it was not being used and had already started to deteriorate. The car had a few rust and some minor mechanical issues, but one year and 6000 euro later I got the car back to its former glory. It was a very nice low mileage highline. I sold it last year after a fellow six nut pleaded with me to sell it to him. I recouped all of my investment and went on the hunt for the car I REALLY wanted. An M635CSI Highline.

I knew it was going to be a tall order to find a good one and could not believe my luck when I came across my present car. It was another 63000 mile example ( my lucky number) in Dolphin grey with silver grey leather interior and to my amazement it was the last M635CSI ever produced, chassis number 0760524. It rolled off the Dingolfling production line March 3rd 1989. The original owner picked it up in Munich personally and was given a certificate by BMW confirming it to be the final VIN number. The car is in exceptional condition both bodywork and mechanicaly.

This is the best car I have ever owned and it still puts a huge grin on my face every time I open the garage door.

Anyway, I think the site is excellent and look forward to many more posts.

Regards,

Bayerische
Attachments
M61.jpg
M61.jpg (52.23 KiB) Viewed 17911 times
M62.jpg
M62.jpg (153.39 KiB) Viewed 17911 times
Last edited by Bayerische on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GWL

Post by GWL »

One Word. WOW!
BlackShark6

Post by BlackShark6 »

thats... the last one! very nice!
GWL

Post by GWL »

Sorry, I forgot. Welcome to the group!
landshark

Post by landshark »

thats a very very nice six! looks like it just came out from the fabric yesterday! stunning! and welcome to the group! 8)
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Looks in fantastic shape 8) 8) 8)

Welcome to the forum :D

But now you've found the last - who's got the other first and last 6er's of any type?

Sharkfan
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Welcome, your car looks like it's been looked after VERY well.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Welcome to the group. That is an impressive and historic car. Good to see it has gone to someone who appreciates and values it.
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

welcome mate.
hmm, i wish all Irish were in to e24's, my girlfriends from clondalkin and she cant understand the fascination...
JoeFab

Post by JoeFab »

Welcome!

I read your post, looked at the photos and scrolled down to see GWL's post and was dismayed to see that he had stolen my thunder.

Wow is the only way to describe the car. Good luck!
horsetan

Re: The last M635CSI

Post by horsetan »

Bayerische wrote:....to my amazement it was the last M635CSI ever produced chassis number 0760524. It rolled off the Dingolfling production line March 3rd 1989. The original owner picked it up in Munich personaly and was given a certificate by BMW confirming it to be the final VIN number....
Welcome :wink: - how are things in your part of Ireland?

Last one ever (including LHD), or last-ever RHD only? The VIN definitely is the last RHD one, that I know......
mnd6 wrote:welcome mate.
hmm, i wish all Irish were in to e24's,
You'd be surprised how many E24s have been bought in recent years and spirited over the Irish Sea :wink:

The harbour shown in Bayerische's post reminds me of Howth, which is where all the rich "beautiful people" live.
my girlfriends from clondalkin and she cant understand the fascination...
Most people from Clondalkin can't understand the fascination (particularly with the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre just across the way). Same goes for those from Ballyfermot (though that may be due more to the fascination with drugs :lol: ), Ballymun, Finglas, Drumcondra...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by horsetan on Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JT

Post by JT »

Wow, nice! My 635 and your M6 were probably pal-ing around at the factory, then. While not the last 635, mine was in the last few days of production...
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

horsetan wrote:
Last one ever (including LHD), or last-ever RHD only? The VIN definitely is the last RHD one, that I know......
According to this, not the last one ever built

http://www.bigcoupe.com/buying/vinmumbers.html

Mine is one of the last 9 635s brought into Aus, for what it's worth.
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Looks like the last RHD M635 - anyone else at the beginning or end of all those numbers :?:

Sharkfan
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Thanks guys for all of the kind words,

Horsetan- Things are fine in Ireland, I am located in Dublin. The car is the final VIN for any M Powered 6 series be it a U.S. M6 or a euro lhd or rhd M635CSi. I put my anorak on and checked the VIN numbers, the last regular 635 was built in early April 89. The photo is not taken in Howth its actually near the west pier in Dun Laoghaire, (pronounced Dunleery for the non Irish on the board).

mnd6- My Girlfriend says she loves the car but I have a suspician that she is just humouring me as I showed her photos of it before I bought it and she said it looked boxy. Anyway it definately turns alot of heads when I take her out and I have been stopped on the street a few times, ( I am speaking about the car not my girlfriend)

Sharkfan- That is a very good question, I for one would love to know who has the first and last 635/633 and the first M635CSi or if they still even exist. It would make a good photo opportunity to get my car together with the first M635Csi. I am sure someone on this board knows where they are.

The car is completely standard apart from a cd player and a stainless steel exhaust which the last owner fitted. The new exhaust gives it a throatier exhaust note than the regular one. I am going to keep the TRX tyres on it as I am a purist and think the car just looks right on the original alloys, I won't do big miles in the car so I would say the tyres will start to crack before I wear them out.

The only thing that does not work on the car is the drivers electric headrest. I tried the fix with the piece of coathanger on my last 6 and could not get it to work , so I have a new worm drive and mechanism for the headrest on order. It is on back order, apparantly BMW have started to remanufacture them due to demand.

Anyway, I am delighted you guys like the car, I will post more photo's when I get a chance.

Regards,

Bayerische
Tommys 89 635

Post by Tommys 89 635 »

that's awesome, congrats....
Tommy
1989 635 CSI (Second owner since Jun 1995, driven daily and retired in 2013 with 295k to occasional driving)
2011 335D (Daily driver) with 103,550
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

hoadie wrote:
horsetan wrote:
According to this, not the last one ever built

http://www.bigcoupe.com/buying/vinmumbers.html

Mine is one of the last 9 635s brought into Aus, for what it's worth.
It is not the last 635 it is the last M635, if you look at the build dates mine #524 is the last built 3/89 even though the list says 2/89.
Finally6

Post by Finally6 »

Beautiful car, love the dove grey interior, welcome to the show.
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Apparently there is a Sixer for sale in this month's Roundel that claims to be the last Six ever made. Maybe someone with a copy could post the details?
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Car looks loverly.

Welcome aboard.

Did the valuation i did ever arrive.

James
635_Miles

Post by 635_Miles »

What a splendid looking M - both the exterior and interior look fantastic!
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

Sohlman wrote:Car looks loverly.

Welcome aboard.

Did the valuation i did ever arrive.

James
Hi James,

No the the valuation never arrived but I have been on to Gerry in the club office and she is sending a new one, thanks.
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I will chase up for you.

Would love to see the car some time.

james
Bayerische

Post by Bayerische »

chris Wright wrote:Apparently there is a Sixer for sale in this month's Roundel that claims to be the last Six ever made. Maybe someone with a copy could post the details?
Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with the Roundel, is that a magazine. It would be nice to post a photo of the car and get some info on it.

Regards,

Bayerische
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Bayerische wrote:
chris Wright wrote:Apparently there is a Sixer for sale in this month's Roundel that claims to be the last Six ever made. Maybe someone with a copy could post the details?
Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with the Roundel, is that a magazine. It would be nice to post a photo of the car and get some info on it.

Regards,

Bayerische
Let me add my congratulations on such a great find!

Yes, the Rondel is the official magazine of the BMW Car Club of America.