My '86 635csi

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Kaotiq635

My '86 635csi

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Hi Guys,

Think this must be my 3rd post, time for some pics, only had the car a few weeks but I love it.

Cheers,
Iain.
Attachments
P1000030-small.jpg
bfons

Post by bfons »

Beautiful :!:
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Agreed....gorgeous 8)
UKDaveJ

The Great Black Shark - in Oz!

Post by UKDaveJ »

Iain,

That looks great! Spot on in fact!! :D

Also from your email you described your home as being on the shore-line of Sydney etc, any chance of some pics from the house?

Now what some of us would also like to see is some pictures of your Shark in different areas of Sydney, in particular with famous landmarks in the background! Any chance please?! Am sure you'd get in next years' calender with good quality shots etc.

It would be unfair to ask for other famous Australian landmarks, as they won't be just 'up the road', or difficult to park a 6 by or on....! Ayers rock, The great barrier reef, might be a shot too far! :wink: :D

Dave 8)
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Is it me or is your car wearing the very rare split rim metrics.

Very nice car. I do like sixes in black.
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Is it me or is your car wearing the very rare split rim metrics.
I had a good long second look but the tread pattern isn't anything close to a TRX so I'd guess 17 inch;

Sharkfan :twisted:
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Wheels are BBS 16inch 3 piece , Tyres are Yokohama A539 225/50 ZR16

I'll have to get more pictures for you guys of the car around Sydney.

I've recently bought a new digital camera so this gives me a good excuse to
use it :lol:

I do love getting an end of year bonus . 8)

The picture above and the ones below were taken one morning last week down near my garage, a quick explanation for dave, the North Shore in Sydney is pretty much anywhere north of Sydney Harbour (as opposed to the Eastern Suburbs, CBD, Inner West, Western Suburbs etc).

Some stone damage I need to fix up on the front, but its all pretty good.

I could get some good shots down by the harbour, the opera house, near the beaches, what do you guys think ?

Cheers,
Iain.
Attachments
Inside635.jpg
Front635.jpg
UKDaveJ

Landmark pics....!

Post by UKDaveJ »

Looking good there Iain!
My '89 Highline (ex of Sharkfan) has a few stone-chips, but IMHO thats part of a cars' history & can be fixed if required. Clearly where the 'peppered' look is too much, then yes it makes sense to re-paint those particular areas.

yeah, opera house, harbour bridge, beaches etc - cool!

If a large shark gets hooked locally & 'hung' then that would be cool, next to your shark!! :shock: :idea:

These sort of shots could make a really good calender, shots of 6'ers around the world with famous landmarks in the background etc!

Anyone got any they can post along these lines?

Wish we had your climate Iain, its a bloody foggy, dank day here today! Can't remember when we last saw the sun..... :roll:

I'm off to look at a 'breaking' six'er shortly.

Cheers,
Dave 8)
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Dave,

be carefull what you wish for, have just spent an hour or so fixing my desktop PC, it died in the heat here on tuesday afternoon, power supply fan seized and then it was a matter of time till it died.

Tuesday was 38C here, Wednesday was 40C (for you non metric people thats 100.4F & 104F) then a nice thunderstorm to cool things down.

Lucky the aircon in the 6er works well :-)

With any luck might get some time to scout round for places to take photos next weekend.

Cheers,
Iain.
e24mpwr

Post by e24mpwr »

Manly and the Rocks!
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Hi e24mpwr,

you've been down under ?

I used to work at Dee Why (just north of Manly) years ago.

On the first weekend I had the 6er I took it for a run up to palm beach, problem was every man and his dog had decided to go to the beach, so I just drove back home no pics. :(

The rocks has some great old buildings and would make for a great place for some pictures, but it would have to be quiet, maybe a picture or two near the old sandstone pubs, but I'd have to resist going in for a pint, ok I'll have to avoid the Lord Nelson, they brew lovely beers :D

Cheers,
Iain.
horsetan

Victoria - the Garden State

Post by horsetan »

Ah, 38deg and 40 deg.C.... brings back memories of the month I spent in and around Melbourne (December 2002), wafting around in a hired Holden "VX" Commodore, the Exec one with the "basic" (Bwahahahaha :lol: ) 3.8-litre V6 block and cruise control.... Loved that car. :D

Also loved the Monaro that I had a go in..... :D :D

Quite surreal to be going brown in temperatures generally above 30 deg. C, yet see street posters wishing you "Merry Christmas" :!: Fantastic days riding a borrowed horse on the beach near Mornington. 8)

On my first week in Melbourne, the temperature in the City Centre reached 36.6 deg.C - mind you, that was the same day the city's largest Harley-Davidson dealer showroom went up in smoke :shock: , so that probably accounted for the ".6" degrees..... :lol:

And amazingly cheap (by rip-off UK standards) property / real estate.

Then, of course, there were the bush fires.... :(

Must get some of those holiday photos posted up here.... :wink:
UKDaveJ

Interesting parking of the Monaro there mate....!!!!

Post by UKDaveJ »

I've driven an Omega as well Ivan.....!!! :roll: :wink:

Hmm, cruise control, great device & in both my 6'ers! :lol:

Your parking of the Monaro is most interesting...... :wink: :D

Go on, post some more Oz pics HT!

Dave 8)
horsetan

Re: Interesting parking of the Monaro there mate....!!!!

Post by horsetan »

UKDaveJ wrote:I've driven an Omega as well Ivan.....!!! :roll: :wink:
A Commodore is a VERY different animal to the *ptui!* Omega. For a start, it's got decent engines, starting at 3.8-litres, and going up to a 5.7-litre V8....

None of your 2.5 V6 crap
horsetan

More Aussie holiday pics

Post by horsetan »

This numberplate really did catch the eye....
Attachments
You couldn't get this number plate in rip-off UK!
You couldn't get this number plate in rip-off UK!
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Then there was this, which I just HAD to visit......
Attachments
Only in Melbourne is there a driving manoeuvre at junctions called the "hooked right turn"... It's meant as a tram-avoiding move....
Only in Melbourne is there a driving manoeuvre at junctions called the "hooked right turn"... It's meant as a tram-avoiding move....
Oh yeah, what wouldn't I give for a chain of THESE in the UK....
Oh yeah, what wouldn't I give for a chain of THESE in the UK....
Last edited by horsetan on Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horsetan

Melbourne. Where the tram system actually WORKS

Post by horsetan »

More to come! :D
Attachments
...what did I say about Xmas decorations in December?
...what did I say about Xmas decorations in December?
Entry to Chinatown
Entry to Chinatown
Oh, the memories of a very warm December...
Oh, the memories of a very warm December...
horsetan

Victoria: the place to be

Post by horsetan »

Well, you did ask to see the photos.....

These are only a few of them. I went through several 64Mb x-D memory cards on that holiday..... :lol:
Attachments
More trams
More trams
Watch out for the trams!
Watch out for the trams!
The Melbourne Centre
The Melbourne Centre
horsetan

OK, now we move to the beach at Mornington.....

Post by horsetan »

Maybe we should rename this "The Aussie thread"..... :D
Attachments
No, this one's NOT at Mornington, but just a taster....
No, this one's NOT at Mornington, but just a taster....
UKDaveJ

Love the pics, must visit Australia (& New Zealand!)

Post by UKDaveJ »

Great pics there mate! :)

Just need to superimpose a 6'er into them...... :wink: :D

Anyone any good with photoshop or similar....?! :roll: :wink:

Dave 8)
horsetan

Temptation

Post by horsetan »

This is one of the many reasons why so many people emigrate to Australia from sad "little Britain" each year.....

When I was in Melbourne in December 2002, you could buy a newly-built 5-bed house, WITH double garage, WITH airconditioning, WITH garden....

....for just ?105,000 sterling. And, yes, I have photos of that house. And others, besides..... You couldn't get a parking space for that in London.

Now then, Dave. When will you, Andrea, Chris, and the cars be moving to Melbourne :?: :wink: :D 8)
Attachments
Electric BBQs are provided at the beach!
Electric BBQs are provided at the beach!
A view from the roof of a Holden Commodore Exec....
A view from the roof of a Holden Commodore Exec....
Just drink in the scene. Preferably with an ice-cold tinnie within reach.... *sigh*
Just drink in the scene. Preferably with an ice-cold tinnie within reach.... *sigh*
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Melbourne is ok, I tend to spend a fair bit of time there on business, the differences between road rules in Victoria and New South Wales are enough to deter me from driving while down there.

But of course gods own country is in NSW :)

And more speed cameras litering the highways and byways in Vic.

Sure we get them here but they are signposted, you just have to worry about the mobile radar, and detectors are illegal in all states except WA.

Oh another fact should you consider visiting Aus, no speed limit out of towns in the Northern Territory, however there are large creatures roaming about, you don't want to hit a Kangaroo or Buffalo at warp 7.

I grew up in the Hunter Valley, should get some pics of the car up in the wine country or near the racehorse studs (wake up horsetan :lol: ).

My dad is still a vet up that way, though his practice is mostly small animals these days, but when I was in high school it was mostly racehorses, when I was in infants school it was mostly dairy cattle.

Cheers,
Iain.
dragonsurfa

Post by dragonsurfa »

Did someone say Ayers Rock.Or Uluru now
Attachments
635-a.jpg
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Hahahaha had that picture (the Uluru one) as my background on my computer at work for such a long time before I found my 6er.

Cheers,
Iain
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Mmm, like that pic! Anyone got a hi-res one?

Ta,

Dave 8)