My latest toy is an Ernst Fuchs painted toy.

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

KC Ron Carter

My latest toy is an Ernst Fuchs painted toy.

Post by KC Ron Carter »

Here is my crystal e24 showing how the trailer hitch fits.

I know you like my crystal e24 but you should see the Ernst Fuchs, Austrian, toy my wife got me.

In 1982, Ernst Fuchs, Viennese artist and sculptor, started several new trends in BMW Art Cars. First, Fuchs was the first non-American to paint an Art Car. And second, Fuchs' Art Car was the first one that was not intended for racing. Fuchs' "canvas" was an ordinary street 635 CSi. "My painting expresses various experiences, fears, desires, and dreams, but also my own free style of aesthetic, artistic design."

Fuchs calls his Art Car "Firefox on Harehunt." The artist says, "It represents a hare racing across a motorway at night and leaping over a burning car--the primeval fear and bold dream of surmounting a dimension in which we live." The Fuchs car is a static display and has never been driven.

My wife also is allowing me to do some BMW hunting, an e31 v12 has been discussed. Not a toy, but a real deal Ferrari killer with 500hp.

Later,
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Crystal 635

Post by ron »

I've got two of the glass crystal models and I've always wondered if the 635 was the only model that the factory (in the former E.Germany) ever made? If you have never seen one, it is a very impressive model that has been sandblasted on the internal surface to give a sort of 3D effect for the interior.Two of them make good bookends.
horsetan

Re: My latest toy is an Ernst Fuchs painted toy.

Post by horsetan »

KC Ron Carter wrote:...The Fuchs car is a static display and has never been driven....
Delivery mileage only, then...