Bruce Willis and a BMW 635csi - video links

Please add any links you have found that are useful to the group. Please submit why this link is helpful and a short description.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ChipDouglas

Bruce Willis and a BMW 635csi - video links

Post by ChipDouglas »

It was in the 1985-1989 television series 'Moonlighting' that the American public was introduced to the wise-guy charms of Bruce Willis' character David Addison ( setting Willis ready to launch into super stardom in 'Die Hard') Along with sexy co-star Cybill Shepard, he works with her on high end detective cases. Featured often was the penultimate ride, the firm's BMW 635csi. In these 2 clips you get a good idea how Hollywood saw this car thru their lens. Too bad it isn't found in more films !

notice how when she drives she bottoms out his fog shroud, but he slows (in the 2nd clip) to gently get the car up a curb avoiding it.

unfortunately these clips were captured off Spanish language tv, so what little dialogue there is, isn't in English ( though I find that amusing all by itself !)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8inKOq ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTibXNsj ... ata_player
Last edited by ChipDouglas on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

LOL, that was worth it. Love the Spanish dub...and the shoulder pads!

That second chase car in the first clip really took me down memory lane...it's a Ford Fairmont, one of countless "Fox-body" Fords. I passed my driver's test in an identical car! My Dad figured that it'd be easier with Grandma's automatic than with his 5-speed '81 528i.

Y'all know this, but I can confirm first-hand that the BMW is absolutely light-years ahead in virtually every comparison you might care to name, other than original purchase price.
markh

Post by markh »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOr-UEQ ... re=related

This one's sick, but at least you get to listen to a little bit of Hendrix while he toasts the 6er
1988 ///M Zinno/Lotus 70K miles
ChipDouglas

Post by ChipDouglas »

Yikes!

Don't know series well enough to recall WHY? :cry:
clipper47

Post by clipper47 »

Thanks for posting. In the first scene I wonder when they had time to remove the head rests when she was backing out of the alley and then when did they have time to reinstall them in the next scene?
Dave
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Bruce Willis and his BMW 635csi - video links

Post by MrE »

ChipDouglas wrote:Featured often was the penultimate ride, his BMW 635csi.
notice how when she drives she bottoms out his fog shroud, but he slows (in the 2nd clip) to gently get the car up a curb avoiding it.
Good to see the Moonlighting 6er getting some play. Image

Actually, in the show it's her car, not his car. She owns the agency, he works for her, its a company car. Notice they're two different cars in each clip - the first clip has federalized bumpers, the second clip has world bumpers. The second clip is from much later in the series, which you can also tell because Bruce has less hair. 8)
ChipDouglas

Post by ChipDouglas »

Thanks for info and specifics. Made changes accordingly.