Bay Area Sharkmeet Take #2

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Abaddon Volac

Bay Area Sharkmeet Take #2

Post by Abaddon Volac »

EDIT #1: I may have accidentally sent out PMs with the info sheet stating that the drive is at 9:30PM. This is wrong. I'll be sending the correct ones from now on, but the drive is definitely in the morning at 9:30AM.

EDIT #2: SEE LAST POST FOR IMPORTANT DECISION.[/size] Due to rain, should we continue the outdoor BBQ as planned, or shall we just eat at Alice's once we re-arrive after the drive?

EDIT #3: EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE NEXT DAY, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH. Sunday will be far sunnier, and overall a better day to do the drive. Sorry for the last minute change, but I only just received confirmation that it'll work for people.

Hey folks, nice to be back. As we know, the last drive of February 5th had to be canceled because my car was in no way able to drive. So now I'm back and I've taken some advice from people and made the drive earlier. Here's the info:

Saturday, February 19th, 9:30am. Plan is as before, meet at Alice's Restaurant in La Honda (17288 Skyline Blvd, Woodside, CA) at 9:30am, we leave at 10:00am for an approximately two-hour drive until we return and regroup for the 3rd time on the drive at Alice's to caravan to my house (no more than 20 minutes away), whereupon we will have a glorious BBQ. If you're low on gas, Alice's has a gas station.

Here's what I'd expect from participants if we want this to go down more or less smoothly:

1. Arrive on time (please )
2. The BBQ will be BYOM (bring your own meat). Please bring some slabs of meat (whatever you think necessary), a small side-dish (no chips please, or we may end up with around 20 bags) and some drinks (preferably no alcohol, sorry to say). If everyone brings a small amount, we may end up with a good amount to eat. If you'd like, feel free to drop off the meat and food before the drive. As soon as you let me know here "sign me up!" I'll send you a PM with a link to all of the information you'll need

That's it for now. I'm running a bit low on grills at the moment, so if anyone would like to volunteer a small grill, that would be great. Otherwise, the meat-cooking may be a bit slow, but it'll happen. Feel free to drop it off before the drive.

Here's a map of the planned route.

So! Whoever interested, let me know right here with a "Sign me up!". Although I'm not really expecting too many, I'm thinking I'll have to peg the limit at around 20, maybe 25. Soon as you post (and as soon as I can get around to a computer) I'll link you to a print-ready document I've made which has all of the info you'll need; directions of drive, directions home, times, maps, my number if you need to reach me, etc. Cheers!
Last edited by Abaddon Volac on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
kronus

Post by kronus »

in
Abaddon Volac

Post by Abaddon Volac »

IMPORTANT DECISION: Now, seeing as it's going to be quite rainy, we have an important decision to make. The forecast stands at 30% chance of rain. Pretty minor, so maybe we should just go through with the BBQ. However, the choice is yours.

1.BBQ?
2. Or eat at Alice's (in case there's rain. If there is, bbq = not possible, and meat purchase will be wasted)
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With the weather we've been getting . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

...I don't think there will be very much participation in this meet [-o<

Most of the guys I know who own 6ers are not daily drivers and therefore would not bother undoing a lot of hard cleaning work, just to drive in the rain :-k

Oh, and you can include myself in that group :roll:

But best of luck if you hold the meet, hope the weather holds out for ya 8)

:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Abaddon Volac

Post by Abaddon Volac »

Event was successful. About half cancelled, but the weather was great and stuffs. Epic pics taken by our resident photographer Johnathan Greer.

And by epic photographs, I mean epic photographs:

Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Excellent!!!

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Looks like some of you NorCal folks had a very good time. Wish I could have made it. Roll call please of your attendees.

Ralph

Those are truly some epic pics. Also looks like Josh needs some wheels!
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
JCS

Post by JCS »

Nice photos, looks like a great time.

Find the Great White breaching! :shock:

Very COOL! =D>
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Excellent stuff! It's so good to see some quality photos where someone's made an effort for a change. Having a drive with some likeminded people in our cars is always worth the effort in organising. Well done.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Now they're some quality pictures! Image

Great stuff Abaddon and top marks for organising the cruise.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Ellis.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Great pics. I'd have to say about the best I've seen from a N.A. meet in a long time, well done. And well done for braving the 30% chance of rain ;)
World-Class6

Next meet?

Post by World-Class6 »

not sure why, but just saw these great pics, uhm a year later! Very good photos indeed!

Abaddon~ any chance on coordinating a 2012 late summer or early Fall meet? Count me in~

M~
85 M635 Schwarz (Found a new home in L.A.)
95 MBZ E36 AMG Coupe widebody Polar White
88 BMW E28 535is White
2000 Jaguar XJR Anthracite
2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLT- All Terrain Black
-------------------------------------------------------
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pacific Sharkfest!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

While a bit late, the PSF braintrust has once again stepped up and plans are in the works for our 11th annual west coast 6er meet, called the Pacific Sharkfest :wink:

Please note the following, it's only 4 weeks away :shock:

This is a 3 (or 4) day weekend event, this year to be held in Pismo Beach 8)

Please have a look at the PSF website, if the info is not yet up, it will be shortly :-k

http://www.pacificsharkfest.com/

Hope to see all you bay area locals in attendance this year :lol:

Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

I appreciate the information Bobbo~ I had done a bit of searching for Pacific Sharfest 2012 y no encontre informacion, so this helps. 8)
85 M635 Schwarz (Found a new home in L.A.)
95 MBZ E36 AMG Coupe widebody Polar White
88 BMW E28 535is White
2000 Jaguar XJR Anthracite
2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLT- All Terrain Black
-------------------------------------------------------