Power Steering reservoir decals .

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Power Steering reservoir decals .

Post by olympia57 »

I have replaced all the OE decals on my engine bay but couldn't find the three individual items that are on the power steering reservoir cap until I came across these on Ebay.
They arrived in a couple of days from Czech Rep. and are very good quality , and all for very little.
I have no connection to the seller other than as a customer , thought it would be of interest to some of you .
Don
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151943644628? ... EBIDX%3AIT
1981 635 series 1
Mark Shutt

Re: Power Steering reservoir decals .

Post by Mark Shutt »

thanks for the link, I may just order a full set as been looking for a set to freshen up my engine bay 8)
1988 635csi Auto Highline, Royal blue with Lotus white.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26461&p=189478#p189478
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by rhanley 635csi89 »

Member here Kos, has taken over http://www.pukardesigns.com/ known quality.

The shopping cart is not working at this time, however, email your requirements to Kos at [email protected] and he'll get right back to you. I just ordered several items last Friday, haven't received the items yet. Roger
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
AlpineWeiss II (218)/Natur(0200)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold
kos

Post by kos »

rhanley 635csi89 wrote:Member here Kos, has taken over http://www.pukardesigns.com/ known quality.

The shopping cart is not working at this time, however, email your requirements to Kos at [email protected] and he'll get right back to you. I just ordered several items last Friday, haven't received the items yet. Roger
Thank you Roger :D

Yours are currently in NYC sortation. Well they were there yesterday. USPS seem to take their time
olympia57 wrote:I have replaced all the OE decals on my engine bay but couldn't find the three individual items that are on the power steering reservoir cap until I came across these on Ebay.
They arrived in a couple of days from Czech Rep. and are very good quality , and all for very little.
I have no connection to the seller other than as a customer , thought it would be of interest to some of you .
Don
I did send some to Daniel who I think is working on your car ??

The ones in the link look decent, but they seem to be a satin/Matt finish un like the OEM ones and the ones I supply which are gloss.
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

kos wrote:
rhanley 635csi89 wrote:Member here Kos, has taken over http://www.pukardesigns.com/ known quality.

Yours are currently in NYC sortation. Well they were there yesterday. USPS seem to take their time
olympia57 wrote:I have replaced all the OE decals on my engine bay but couldn't find the three individual items that are on the power steering reservoir cap until I came across these on Ebay.
Don

The ones in the link look decent, but they seem to be a satin/Matt finish un like the OEM ones and the ones I supply which are gloss.
Nope , not my car .
Don
1981 635 series 1
MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

Did these originally come on all E24s? My 1987 M6 does not have them. I was thinking about adding them but, if the car didn't originally come with them then I will leave them off.
kos

Post by kos »

olympia57 wrote:
kos wrote:

Don

Nope , not my car .
Don
must be another one, but he knows of you and your car.

just checked my emails and its for a 633csi that he bought few bits for
kos

Post by kos »

MSGGrunt wrote:Did these originally come on all E24s? My 1987 M6 does not have them. I was thinking about adding them but, if the car didn't originally come with them then I will leave them off.
some e24's only had a 10mm circle/dot sticker saying ATF only, i've only seen that type on UK Highlines from 1988 onwards. all the older ones had the sort of three

i have them in stock should anyone want a set
Last edited by kos on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
JCS

Post by JCS »

MSGGrunt wrote:Did these originally come on all E24s? My 1987 M6 does not have them. I was thinking about adding them but, if the car didn't originally come with them then I will leave them off.
The adhesive was not very good on the origional labels, when the ATF heats up they come off over time.
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

kos wrote:
olympia57 wrote:
kos wrote:

Nope , not my car .
Don
must be another one, but he knows of you and your car.

just checked my emails and its for a 633csi that he bought few bits for
Ah , I know of whom you speak of now .
Don
1981 635 series 1
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

engine decals by Pukar Designs

Today I received the five engine compartment decals I ordered from Pukar Designs, they look great. I ordered the retrofitted A/C R134 decal. Should this new decal be installed over the original R12 decal (R134 decal is half the size of the R12) or should the R12 decal be removed?
The R134 decal would also fit in the space to the upper left corner of the current R12 decal. See attached. What's every ones thoughts? I'm leaning to remove the R12 label as it's ratty looking.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=21736

Also attached is a photo of the 10 mm PS reservoir lable "ATF OIL ONLY" (can just make out the lettering). I'm replacing this with the 3 piece label from Pukar.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=21735
Attachments
IMG_2694.JPG
IMG_2694.JPG (85.57 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_2690.JPG (130.91 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold
kos

Post by kos »

Glad you're happy with them.

personally I'd be inlclined to fit another red R12 one, i do have them in stock If you want, you can sen that one back and i'll send out one which have here

also with the PAS, i can send you the 10mm Orange dot.

finally, any chance of close ups of the 2 black ones you have and dimensions, i've been thinking about doing one for the emissions for the e24. I am guessing your car is a 1987-89 car ?

i have one on file but yours look slightly different
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Kos, I'll think about any decal exchanges, thanks for offering. Confused on the retro air, my thoughts were you want to indicated the A/C was upgraded. I'm get the red one as well and have both decals. I didn't see the ATF dot on your web site.

My car is a 89 635CSiA, build date 11/88. vin 3268571
I did my best to measure accurately.
The size of the large black decal is 10.5 cm X 6.5 cm.
The small black decal is 7.8 cm X 4.5 cm.
I don't have the best camera, If you need better photos I asked a friend to take some for me.
Attachments
IMG_2699.JPG
IMG_2699.JPG (114.43 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
IMG_2697.JPG
IMG_2697.JPG (82.4 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
IMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2696.JPG (107.37 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold
kos

Post by kos »

My take on the retro fit AC sticker was for cars that had it fitted at dealer rather than the factory.

But it may also apply to cars that have had the conversion to they later type gas as well

I'll consult with a technician who was in the dealer network but now works for Munich Legends

Not all of what I do is on the web site, a friend should be updating it for me but he's taking his time and it's long over due now

As for the photos, thank you. They seem plenty good for me. I'll check from the PC later when I'm home.