WTB Seat Tracks

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

new kid

WTB Seat Tracks

Post by new kid »

Looking for e28, e24, or e23 manual sport seat rails.
new kid

Re: WTB Seat Tracks

Post by new kid »

bump
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Put your LOCATION in your profile!!

I have some seat tracks but as I don't know where you are I can't sell them to you!!!
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
new kid

Post by new kid »

Still looking for seat rails.

PMed Ron 3 times but never received a reply.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Seat tracks SOLD.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
francoid

Post by francoid »

Newkid, you did not put your location in your profile, as Ron had mentioned was needed.
new kid

Post by new kid »

I am open to anywhere.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

You don't understand. We want to know where YOU are.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
new kid

Post by new kid »

I don't understand the relevance if i am paying the shipping. Why does it matter?
francoid

Post by francoid »

Maybe it does not matter to you, but it matters to others. It seems you don't realize you are brand new to someone else's place, and it's polite to be considerate and adjust to the rules and customs of that place. Failure to do so will not endear you to people you actually request help from. People just don't sell parts for profit, they share rare parts to help friends and acquaintances towards a common passion. What is it you bring them?
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I'm just curious, what is your reason for not posting location.
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
new kid

Post by new kid »

I still do not understand.

Francoid, no disrespect but I have been registered here 7 years longer than you so I don't feel I am new. I have been polite in my asking if anyone has any sport seat rails as I was in need of some. We all have a shared passion for the 6 series and I bring the same thing to the table as everyone else if not more.

86_6series, I don't tell people where I live and if I am selling something I meet people somewhere else like walmart or home depot. About 20 years ago I got a call from the chief of police saying they had a confidential informant in the back of a car that saw my garage doors up and the guys in the front sat decided to rob my house. The police knew they were going to do it but could not do anything until they broke in. Another time I was selling my son's 4 wheeler and long story short the guys that showed up had gotten the money from armed robbery and came to my house in a stolen truck. I have also had people come knock on my door wanting to look at my cars. I just don't tell anybody where I live anymore especially on open message boards for anyone to read.

I will add that i am in the United States to my profile if that helps any. I personally don't see where it matters but I will do it to be polite and considerate to others.
francoid

Post by francoid »

No offense meant either, and indeed you have been subscribed for a while, but I would not say you have contributed. It's your choice but you should not anticipate that everybody is going to go out of their way to help you if you don't build a rapport with them.

You are right not to meet sellers or buyers at your home, that's absolutely the right thing to do. That said, putting a state or large city in your vicinity as location will not endanger you. Some people might go "Pacific Northwest" for example, and that's pretty broad, too broad to put you at risk.

PS: In my case, I was a subscribed to a text only, email DL version of this group back in the mid 1990s and then to the early web version. I stopped using for some time and re-registered a couple years ago since I had lost my initial account, but I have been around for 20+ years in some way, shape or form.
francoid

Post by francoid »

Interestingly, people told you the same thing back in 2012... Reviewing your posts, they are essentially all about asking for parts in very short sentences, there is no contribution back.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

We're not asking for an address. A simple general location would suffice. "SF Bay area", or "Indiana midwest", or something similar.

Why do we want that? Well, many of us have contacts all over the globe. If you're looking for a part, or need hands-on help, even if we don't have what you're looking for, or we're hundreds or thousands of miles away, we may know someone close to you that has what you're looking for or the knowledge and experience you may need. I understand your caution. Posting a general location would put you in no danger.

Understand now?
Ken Kanne
new kid

Post by new kid »

I remember the old text list. I got an email on one about 6 months ago where a guy was wanting an e12 M535i rear spoiler. That was the first time I had received anything from it in probably 5-10 years. Newkid was what i used 20 years ago so I just keep it.

I don't really contribute because the forums are not like they use to be. It use to be where you could ask something and get an answer no matter who you were. Now you have to be in the inner circle to get anywhere.

Most US cars came with power sport seats so they don't have manual sport seat rails. I posted on here because a lot of people are from the UK where manual sport seats are more common expecting to have to ship them in from the UK. I would buy them new from BMW but they only have 1 of the 4. I did buy that one just to see what it looked like. I also thought about buying a complete pair of seats just to get the rails but that is a very expensive way to do it just to get rails.
new kid

Post by new kid »

I went though and answered a bunch of post nobody else answered if that makes you feel better about selling me some rails.
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

Thanks for explaining the need for your privacy.

Now, some 12 years ago or so I has to replace a broken seat rail.

I bought a complete 86 US electric seat shipped for $250.

Maybe these guys can help. Good luck.

http://www.store.bmrparts.com/BMW-parts-catalog
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
new kid

Post by new kid »

They do not have any or know where to get any.
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by rhanley 635csi89 »

I'm confused! I thought you want manual. If electric tracks can be used, check with Ralph in SC.

I have an one electric seat/track (Comfort) from a 87, 635 available.

Roger
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
AlpineWeiss II (218)/Natur(0200)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold
new kid

Post by new kid »

e28, e24, or e23 manual sport seat rails.
new kid

Post by new kid »

I wish I could buy the stupid rails.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

I wish I had some to sell you!
Ken Kanne
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

new kid wrote: I don't really contribute because the forums are not like they use to be. It use to be where you could ask something and get an answer no matter who you were. Now you have to be in the inner circle to get anywhere.
Bullshit. This forum is one of the most helpful places I've seen, no matter who it is.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

baders wrote:
new kid wrote: I don't really contribute because the forums are not like they use to be. It use to be where you could ask something and get an answer no matter who you were. Now you have to be in the inner circle to get anywhere.
Bullshit. This forum is one of the most helpful places I've seen, no matter who it is.
I must not be part of that inner circle as my questions don't get answered. And I always get zero responses when I post something for sale.

Do they hold hands in this inner circle? As away to prevent others from getting in the circle.

Is there a bigger circle that surrounds this inner circle to protect it from intrusion?

Please explain as I am now curious and I'm sure that this inner circle of members has been subverting what this forum does for it's outer circle members.

Ralph

BTW Paul- you have PM
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)