Sport Seat Hinge Covers

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Max Funderburk

Sport Seat Hinge Covers

Post by Max Funderburk »

Big Coupers…….would very much appreciate anyone with info on attaining the seat hinge covers for M6 Electric Head Rest “Sport” Seats /w Electric Bolster. My car is a 635CSi but these seats were installed by previous owner.
new_seats_bimmer_side_finally.jpg
new_seats_bimmer_side_finally.jpg (84.79 KiB) Viewed 10881 times
As you can see, I presently have a cover on the hinge but it is the cover for the driver seat inside and it is not the correct shape for passenger seat outside....and when seat back is released for access to rear seats, it decides to pop off due to the misfitting. Very aggravating and embarrassing.

I would prefer the cover to be grey (silber) but will take any color and spray paint to match if I have to. All colors seem to be NLA.

51 16 1 965 398 Cover panel outer right (passenger) SILBER NLA

Below: The outer covers for both seats look like this (No step down):
outer covers.jpg
outer covers.jpg (11.15 KiB) Viewed 10881 times
I think this is the last piece of the puzzle and any leads or info will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Max Funderburk (Maxnt)
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
JCS

Re: Sport Seat Hinge Covers

Post by JCS »

Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

Available here in black and pearl beige.

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/catalog ... 2101926794

These guys are excellent to deal with
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
Max Funderburk

Post by Max Funderburk »

Hi JPS635,

I have order these covers before and something goes awry along the way...that big "2" printed on the inside of the cover is a give-a-way..........I have ordered covers before and the ones with that type of numbering inside do not fit my seats for some reason.

I think it may have something to do with what year (M6 or 635CSi) my seats are from. Wish I knew how to find that out.

I have studied the photos of those covers in your post offered by "Wallothnesch" and looking at my present "outer left" cover (which should be the mirror image) it does not match.

I will communicate with that company and see if they can help me get to the bottom of this mess. I have ordered as many as 4 of these covers over the years and 3 of them were incorrect fits.

Really appreciate your post and recommendation. In case others are interested, I will post my results after talking to Wallothnesch......thanks, Max
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
Max Funderburk

Re: Electric Sport Seat Hinge Covers

Post by Max Funderburk »

Many thanks to JPS635 for link and JCS for the suggestion to use the German Wallothnesch website but after 2 orders from descriptions on the website, both covers turned out to be for manual M6 seats.

The part numbers I am looking for are all NLA so will have to come from used seats from "parts" cars.....does anyone have contacts in US or Europe for BMW E24 or M6 junk yard parts?

I am looking for any color........ Here are part numbers of various colors for M6 '88 Electric Sport Seats:

PN: 51-16-1-965-396
This is the outside right cover for a power sport seat in a ’88 M6.
This PN corresponds to a Natur colored cover. It is NLA.

The other PN’s for the same piece in other colors:
51-16-1-965-398 – Silver – NLA
52-10-1-934-672 – Black – NLA
52-10-1-968-736 – Indigo – NLA
52-10-1-968-738 – Havanna – NLA
52-10-1-968-742 – Cardinal – NLA

This is the last piece I need to complete my project......any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Max
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

Where did you get your "635csi" mats?

Are they a good fit around /under the pedals?
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
Max Funderburk

Post by Max Funderburk »

Hi JPS 635,

I got the mats from this outfit, www.lloydmats.com

I think they fit better than any other product I have purchased and are closer to OEM than others. I remember them being a little pricey but I was not unhappy with the end result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone out there know where I can get hinge covers for the electric sport seats, please let me know! Will buy all 4 if only sold as sets..............Thanks, Maxnt
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Hey Max, sorry but while I don't have the hinge covers you need and again my apologies for highjacking your thread a bit, but I checked the Lloyd's Mats website and I don't even see BMW listed, including the link to "All Others" :-k

Is there a special way to navigate their site, perhaps by finding a dealer or something like that :-?

BTW, very nice job on your 6er, I hope that you are able to source the hinge covers and complete your project, beautiful job =D>

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Max Funderburk

Post by Max Funderburk »

HI GRNSHRK,

NO PROBLEM HIGHJACKING THREAD.....DIFFERENT SUBJECT MAY GET MORE EYES ON MY SEARCH FOR HINGE COVER!!

I AM RECALLING THE ISSUE WITH NOT FINDING BMW SPECIFIC MATS.....I BELIEVE THE COMPANY IS NOT LICENSED TO PRINT BMW ON THE MATS SO YOU HAVE TO ORDER WITH JUST THE MODEL NUMBER ON THEM...I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT TO JPS 635.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE INVOICES BUT CAN NOT LOCATE THEM....I WAS RATHER CERTAIN THAT I TALKED TO LLOYD'S, WHERE THEY ARE MADE AND NOT A 3RD PARTY. SO, APPROACH THE MATS AS IF ALL YOU WANT IS THE MODEL NUMBER.... MINE HAS "635 CSi" ON THEM. I HOPE THAT INFO WILL HELP YOU.

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS ON MY 6...IT HAS BEEN A LONG ROAD AND A HARD FIGHT......I AM SO DESPERATE THAT I AM GOING TO GO AGAINST MY SOLEMN WORD TO NEVER JOIN FACEBOOK ....AND JOIN FACEBOOK!! I WAS TOLD THERE IS AN E24 FAMILY OF USERS ON THERE SO PERHAPS THEY CAN LEAD ME TO THE PROMISE LAND OF E24 HARD TO FIND PARTS!!??

ALL THE BEST, MAX
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
Max Funderburk

Post by Max Funderburk »

GOT IT !!!!

Made contact with a fellow in Van Nuys, Calif. On Ebay he is parting out 30 or so 6 series cars, 630s 633s and 635s.....not sure about m6s but he owns an m6 euro......it's his hobby.

He ended my 4 year search for a seat hinge cover......he was very responsive and reasonably priced. His handle on Ebay is "lvcurves0190j"..email him and if he has the part you need, he will list it on Ebay for you to buy.

Shipping was immediate and had tracking number the same day I ordered the part. Christmas came early for me this year.....thanks to all who responded.
Attachments
20171205_144149_resized.jpg
20171205_144149_resized.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 10435 times
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
Ronnie Wilson

Post by Ronnie Wilson »

Hi max,

Can i have the details of that guy who is parting out 30 e24's. I'm looking for some bits for my car.

Thanks
Ronnie
Liverpool uk.
1986 635csi.
Bronze Beige Metallic.
Max Funderburk

Post by Max Funderburk »

Check out middle paragraph.....his Ebay name is there..... just search for him on Ebay sellers ...he doesn't give out any other details. he always emails through Ebay.
Good luck. Max
maxnt-coupe crazy
'88 635 CSi
Londonderry, NH
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Here is a link to his current listings:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lvcurves0190j/m ... pg=&_from=

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from him. He has fairly accurate descriptions, and does have a lot of stuff to sell. The one thing you need to watch for is his shipping charges, which tend to be anywhere from slightly high to ridiculously so. And he never lists anything as "buy it now". Auctions only, even if the item has been relisted a dozen times.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Been to his house and met him. He is for sure one of the good guys. parting 30 sixes? More like parting 30 cars of all designations., but he does have a pot full of car and years accumulation of parts.. It's a game to him and his prices are more than fair. Again, he is a plain old fashioned, good guy!!
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
sfy1505

Post by sfy1505 »

Max Funderburk wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 am GOT IT !!!!

Made contact with a fellow in Van Nuys, Calif. On Ebay he is parting out 30 or so 6 series cars, 630s 633s and 635s.....not sure about m6s but he owns an m6 euro......it's his hobby.

He ended my 4 year search for a seat hinge cover......he was very responsive and reasonably priced. His handle on Ebay is "lvcurves0190j"..email him and if he has the part you need, he will list it on Ebay for you to buy.

Shipping was immediate and had tracking number the same day I ordered the part. Christmas came early for me this year.....thanks to all who responded.
Max, I have an 88 M6 with Natur interior...and I need the exact part you were looking for, the passenger seat outside cover. Like you, I have searched high and low for this piece. I have tried Wallothnesch, several BMW Classic parts dealers and the Ebay fellow with no luck so far. The correct piece for my drivers seat is 52101934669. Since you said that you had received several pieces that turned out incorrect, just wondering what pieces you might have left that didn't work for you, or if someone else contacted you with parts after you found your correct piece. Thanks for your help!