Fuel Rail Assembly

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

kylefav390

Fuel Rail Assembly

Post by kylefav390 »

After stripping down my intake for paint, I cannot figure out the correct way to reassemble my fuel rail. Mainly the associated hardlines that run under the intake to the feed and return lines. To be totally honest there was no real reason for me to disassemble the hardlines from the fuel rail. Their orientation seems to be finicky and was hoping someone here had some insight. Or at the very best a picture of what it looks like assembled.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=13_0275

This is what i'm talking about but this diagram doesn't really show how to properly assemble it.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fuel Rail Assembly

Post by ron »

Might help if you put your model and year in your profile. The fuel rail varies a lot depending on year.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
kylefav390

Post by kylefav390 »

Ah yes, forgot that part. For an M30B35. 1988
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

The regulator goes to the front so can only be orientated one way Use rubber grease on the o rings and if they're old replace them. Insert the injectors in the fuel rail then once you have all lined up push down evenly with firm pressure to "pop in" the bottom o seals (to manifold). Make sure you have all lined up first.
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)