Brake Bomb - My Brakes Are Back

Post in this forum for topics relating to suspension, steering, and brakes

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

brtele

Brake Bomb - My Brakes Are Back

Post by brtele »

Months after buying a new accumulator via Pelican and looking at the replacement project like PeeWee Herman looking at the snake fire rescue, I finally dug into the job.

Wasn't that bad. I made sure I had crow feet flare nut wrenches and various extensions to get the fittings off before I removed the whole unit. I tried everything I could to get the freaking accumulator off, but after a hernia developed, I finally took it up to Firestone. Huge dude took it off easy with a pipe wrench. I looked at him and said, "I must have loosened it up for you". He didn't even laugh and say, "yeah right". Anyways I slipped the dude a very satisfied $20 and ran back home put everything together, bled the system, filled it up to the spot and I'm back!

Wow, I can't believe how dangerous the brakes were before. So much more reliable!

Ok, what's next. Just kidding, I don't want anything next - please God just keep running

Thanks again for all the help you guys provide on this forum. Couldn't do this stuff without it.

Brandon
'83 633, 5 speed manual, daily driver
'66 Ford Mustang, 302, Auto
'89 Ford Bronco, 5.0EFI, Auto
matthewdesigns

Re: Brake Bomb - My Brakes Are Back

Post by matthewdesigns »

Congrats! This is one of the jobs I hope to never have to do...glad to hear it wasn't too big a PITA just in case the time comes.
'84 633CSi
Arctic White/Pearl Beige