Front bumper removal (European car)

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Vir635

Front bumper removal (European car)

Post by Vir635 »

Hi what's the easiest way to access the bolts to take the front bumper off (European car). Do you need to get the car up on a ramp or can the bolts perhaps be accessed by removing the headlights? Thanks
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Front bumper removal (European car)

Post by Pod »

You need to undo the two nuts/bolts on each front chassis rail. They may be difficult as the bolts are round-headed with a square shank and often spin in the retaining slots. Often it helps if you put pressure between the nut and chassis which may help stop the bolts spinning - but sometimes you just have to wreck them.
panthercity

Post by panthercity »

If you loosen the 4 bolts on the chassis rail can you then level the bumper if it is sagging? Is that an adjustment pivot point?
'85 635CSi Euro
Vir635

Post by Vir635 »

Thanks I have finally got round to trying to remove the bumper. A couple of the nuts are rusted and I can see someone has previously tried to cut them but must have given up. The others just spin around.

Once the nuts are off where do I remove the bolt so the bumper slides out? I can't see the top of the bolt and where it enters the rail.
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

What was your solution? How did it go? I’m about to do the same
Austintatious

Post by Austintatious »

Same here... have new ones on the way!