masonjones - Negative

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

new kid

masonjones - Negative

Post by new kid »

I told masonjones I would buy a set of recaro sport seats he had for sale and we agreed on a price. We were working out the shipping. He had gotten a shipping quote, I had gotten a shipping quote. I told him my shipping quote information Thursday and he said he would check on it Friday to verify. Sunday I got an email that says "Hey, sorry, I sold the seats locally."

He put me in a bad spot as I now have matching back seats coming from someone else and he sold the fronts out from under me.
brickwhite

Re: masonjones - Negative

Post by brickwhite »

Did you give him a deposit to hold them?

He probably should have let you know he was selling them locally also. Kind of a dick move.

However, I've sold things and had 10 people say they want them, we go through shipping etc then nothing. I'd rather sell things locally than have to ship too.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
new kid

Post by new kid »

I understand first come first serve and have no problems with that. In this case we were well into the transaction. We settled on a price and I asked how do you want the money. He told me paypal would probably be best but wanted me to wait until he verified the shipping. I told him that was fine. He never asked for a deposit or gave me instructions to send payment. I can't make people take my money.

To me and it could just be me, that when you and someone settle on a price for something that is for sale and they want to know how you want the money that is basically a done deal on the transaction. To me, that is a person ready and able to complete the transaction.
masonjones

Post by masonjones »

It's been a while but I thought I should respond and add some more detail.

First off, I agree with brickwhite, I should have let you know I had the seats listed locally on CL. I hadn't gotten any responses to the CL ad so I just didn't think about it.

We agreed on a price for the seats. We both looked into shipping quotes from every possible shipper and all of them ended up being more than you wanted to pay. So, when someone came by locally I sold it to them.

(Edited for brevity.)
1985 635CSi