WTD H1 low beam lamps

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

zinnocoupe

WTD H1 low beam lamps

Post by zinnocoupe »

I have a posting looking for these lamps in the electrical section but I thought posting here may be more appropriate. I'm looking for E code H1 LOW BEAM only LHD lamps. I think most or some e24s in Europe came with these lamps VS the H4 low/high. I need them in my attempt to install a wash/wipe system on my car. Which I'm sure will be a very interesting journey. Let me know what you may have . Cheers
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
zinnocoupe

Re: WTD H1 low beam lamps

Post by zinnocoupe »

Nobody?? The headlamps I'm looking for are H1 LOWBEAMS and are flat to accept the headlight wipe/wash blades. The normal H4 lows have a higher face that will interfere with the wiper blade. So anyone with a wipe/wash system should have these lamps. Except of course RHD drive cars will have lamps pointing the wrong direction for what I'm looking for.
Thx Dave
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I bought Hella H1 low beams from Rally Lights about 2 years ago.
I don't see them listed on his site but maybe you can get in touch and ask.
It did take over 6 months for them to come from Europe

https://www.rallylights.com/catalogsear ... 10&q=Hella

good luck with the search

PM sent
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

Thx for the reply. I should have posted in my original post that I've already tried Rallylights, Daniel Stern, and several other well known lighting experts. It seems these lamps are no longer made by Hella, although it seems they have in the past made small batches of them but are now discontinuing to do even that. I was hoping to find a NOS set sitting in someones hoard or maybe a shop that still has some.

Rallylights was the first place I heard of and it actually took a while just to find out they can't get them. The search goes on [-o<
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

OK so after spending way too much time emailing with a seller in Poland. And tracking down a few other leads I'm still looking for these Hella H1 bifocal lamp, Low beam only. Seems like i just missed the boat on these as they we available all over the place until a few years ago. There seem s to be countless different options and part numbers that are close but not quite. Heres a few pics of what I'm after. The part no. 1B3 128.267-001 and 30 128 082 when searched on the internet turn up all kinds of dead ends and other combinations of part numbers etc. But never find the actual lamp. There seems to be a similar lamp foe e30s that has the different mounting system on the back of the lamp, three brackets with large holes to accept adjusters. Not sure how that would work on my NA style Headlight buckets unless I cut them off ](*,)

ImagePA141837 (2) by Dave Grayson, on Flickr
ImageHella_BiFocal (1) by Dave Grayson, on Flickr
ImagePA141838 (1) by Dave Grayson, on Flickr
ImagePA141842 by Dave Grayson, on Flickr