Interior Door Handle feels broken

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

brtele

Interior Door Handle feels broken

Post by brtele »

Hello everyone.

My interior door handle over the past few weeks has started to become difficult to use. It feels like it's pivoting or lifting up out of it's cavity. Sometimes the interior door handle surround will pop out.

If I hold the surround firmly against the door card, the handle will work as designed.

I had a chance to take a few pics. It looks like the lower left corner of the handle is broken.

I'm going to start to do a little research to see what steps and parts are needed to address this issue.

Any guidance or link-pointing is greatly appreciated (I found a previous write-up, but the pics are now gone).

Thanks for the assistance,
Brandon
Attachments
file2-3.jpeg
file2-3.jpeg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3603 times
file-21.jpeg
file-21.jpeg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 3603 times
'83 633, 5 speed manual, daily driver
'66 Ford Mustang, 302, Auto
'89 Ford Bronco, 5.0EFI, Auto
brtele

Re: Interior Door Handle feels broken

Post by brtele »

I wanted to complete this post. I did happen to replace the driver's side interior door handle. It was thrashed.

I used the following video to get an idea what I was walking into. Really this was a simple project. I ended up purchasing door panel removal tools at Harbor Freight. Used them to remove the door panel and this was the first time I've ever removed a door panel from a car without breaking panels or clips. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'll always utilize the tools going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyVEWDrqdCE
'83 633, 5 speed manual, daily driver
'66 Ford Mustang, 302, Auto
'89 Ford Bronco, 5.0EFI, Auto