orval2 - BMW M635CSI

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

orval2

orval2 - BMW M635CSI

Post by orval2 »

Hi All,

I'm introducing myself and my car.

I leave in Belgium, Li?ge. So near the famous race track : Spa-Francorchamps.

It is a great region to drive nice car or to make sport (My second passion is cycling)

Since september I have the joy to own a nice E24.
It is a M635CSI '85, Dolphin Grey, Green bufallo leather. It has few options but the motor runs well despite his "mileage"( 230.000 kms) and it has no rust (YESSS)

I have almost no work to do on.
I had change the rear light glasses, the gear knob (I didn't receive the good one from BMW, but an E34 one).
I still have to change a part of the front bumper (few scratches on the left side).

now place to the pictures :

URL=http://img209.imageshack.us/i/img8244.jpg/]Image[/URL]

The wheels I will put on :

The engine bay :

The original radio (notes My board computer need to be set up, it wasn't -30?C)

The rear light:

before :

after :

Renaud
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Welcome Renaud!

That's a very nice M you have there. Do you know how many owners there were before you? No rust you say? That's brilliant, quite brilliant. Sounds like someone else babied that beauty.

Congratulations

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Hi,

The rust : the car is an Italian one.

First owner kept it 5 years then the second owner in Italy kept it till 2 years ago. The car move in Germany with to be kept with others collection cars.
Then the car moved to Belgium with the previous owner who didn't drov it a lot.
So I'm the fourth to own it. I hope for long.
Hi will use it next year. I don't know when yet, spring or from autumn (taxes here in Belgium very high for a <25 years old car)
But I'm already working to have it nicer (used parts replaced, no tuning)

Renaud
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

Superb car! I see you have a busted outside temp sensor sender. -30 on the OBC is the giveaway... :D
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Very nice Renaud, and welcome to the madness!

I like your profile name too - Orval is my favourite beer!

Cheers,

Alex
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

Hi, welcome with your beautiful M635, i think i know this car, was registered with MI plates? It was kept near Alessandria by a 40 years old man living between Milano and Lugano?
If yes i have some history and pics about it.
The buffalo is antracite, but faded, as usually, from lederzentrum/lederdoc you can get anylin spray to soften and a healer for the buffalo hide.
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Hi,

I don't know its italian license plate.

The car comes indeed from Milano area. It was moved few years ago to Germany by the second italian owner.
Then to Belgium two years ago.

It was told me the interior is green. In fact it is a mix between green and grey...
I bought some Connoly product to treat the leather which is still in good state.

If it is still the car you're thinking about, send me a MP I will give you my private email address.

Renaud
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

Really nice 6 Series! I like the color of the leather seats, with a bit of leather conditioner should be looking charming.

Mn, picture #7 in the background at the window, is that Holiday decor as a ghost. Perhaps it was the around Halloween, as I see a giant spider web.
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Hi,

Yes it was around halloween.

Renaud
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

orval2 wrote:Hi,

Yes it was around halloween.

Renaud
Phew, for a moment I thought the camera had captured a ghost.

Very nice car and hope you have fun with it.
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

The car comes indeed from Milano area. It was moved few years ago to Germany by the second italian owner.

It was told me the interior is green. In fact it is a mix between green and grey...
I bought some Connoly product to treat the leather which is still in good state.

If it is still the car you're thinking about, send me a MP I will give you my private email address.

Renaud
As the car i thought has an owner living between Milano and Lugano even now, i don't think is her...
If you would like to swap your BC with a German one, i have one, and i would exchange one fo the other...

Alessandro
orval2

Post by orval2 »

batmobile wrote:

Renaud
As the car i thought has an owner living between Milano and Lugano even now, i don't think is her...
If you would like to swap your BC with a German one, i have one, and i would exchange one fo the other...

Alessandro
Hi,

The board computer is not working properly as you can see on the picture.

I will try to fix it.
But my car is an italian one and I want it stay. I know BMW is not selling the BC in italian anymore I hope you can find one.

Cheers,

Renaud
batmobile

Post by batmobile »

i actually own 3 spare bc, but i have 4 cars with the bc (all in italian, off course..)
As i know BMW has 4 italian obc in the storehaouse....

For the BC, in side of the nsw(fog light) there is the sensor, try to give a clean to the connector of it, it is only 15 cm of cable and you have it..
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Hi all,

South Belgian law, makes me crazy. new owner taxes can be 1500? for my car, except with oldtimer license plates (for one or two months, then back to normal license plates)

If everything goes fine, my car will have its license plate within one month.
I can't wait for.

If everything goes bad I will have to wait for mid-september.
In that case, I will repair the passenger door that has a small damage on.

Renaud
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

I feel your pain. I paid 1455? of tax + 61.5 BIV last year because I wanted to drive mine. This year it'll only be 30? something :D

But in any case, it will be worth the wait, I can tell you that much!
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Stoffie wrote:I feel your pain. I paid 1455? of tax + 61.5 BIV last year because I wanted to drive mine. This year it'll only be 30? something :D

But in any case, it will be worth the wait, I can tell you that much!
In wallonie, it is worth ! To that 1455 + 61.5 they are adding 1500 ? ecomalus.
Normally mine should be already 30 ? (+25 years) , but stupid importing rules can make me wait till mid september. I won't never pay more than 3000? to drive my car 4 months earlier.
I prefer to put that money in the car : door, radio connection, bord computer troubleshooting and why not a full inox exhaust.

Renaud
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

What a load of crap! 1500? extra ecomalus ? This country is already crazy on car taxes, but I've never heard of this ecomalus ? Care to elaborate on that ? Is it one of those 'green' things ?
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Yep this is a green taxe, it can be a bonus too, but only for new car.
We are lucky in wallonie...

Renaud
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

Well that sucks...but at least you guys hardly have any speedcameras... :D

Maybe if you can't get your car on the road soon enough, I'll come visit and give you a taste of what things will be like :mrgreen:
sskang

Post by sskang »

I'm assuming the outrageous tax is solely import tax (one time only?).

As you said, it would be much wiser to spend that money on upgrades.
(believe me, changing the bushings + suspension will really give you a "new car feel".

The auto tax system in Japan is also becoming like a joke.
Green cars get the tax benefit and that is being subsidized by people like us, who are driving older cars (10% higher than normal tax).

As they say, "good things are worth waiting for" so get her in good shape, and blast thru Eau Rouge!

:D
sskang
1987 M6 Alpinweiss
Tokyo, Japan

"Aller guten Dinge sind Sechs"
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Well tomorrow I'm gonna have a better idea if I will have to wait for september or not.
I will pass the technic control. I should pass it as oldtimer if they respect the email the sent me.
then another organism will have to agree it is an oldtimer.
Few days and I will know. Crossing my finger.

I know Spa-Francorchamps.
Not so far from my house. I went there a couple of time. But I won't drive my car there. I'm not good driver enough.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2976/img6545ye7.jpg

Renaud
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

Why would you want to have it MOT'd as an oldtimer ? At least in Flanders, that limits greatly what you can do with the car...(only allowed to drive to meetings, or do testdrives before meetings, and then within 25km of your house).

At least having it checked as a regular everyday car, might show some weaknesses at the test center.

Mine passed last year without a single remark, and I use it every day, not as an oldtimer 8)
orval2

Post by orval2 »

H? h? why ?

Because this is the way to avoid to pay 1500? ecomalus.
The trick is to have the car with an oldtimer license plate for at least one month. Then you go back to the technic control to pass a normal one. You ask a normal license plate.

Renaud
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

It all makes sense now :)
orval2

Post by orval2 »

Ok

I've passed the technic control. But not hte oldtimer one. I should have been waiting september. It's too far !

I was a bit lucky because I expected to have the oldtimer one. They are not controling the wheels for that one. But as I passed the normal, they have controlled also the wheels and the tyres. In Belgium, only TRX are homologuated. The 235/40/17 passed. Now I can keep them forever.

I have decided to have a normal license plate. If I wait till mid-september, I will be able to drive my car only on october. Then wait for april 2011...
So I will pay the green tax and enjoy my car from mid-April.

When I have my license plate, I will contact you Stoffie. Maybe we can arrange a small meeting with our cars to make great pictures.

Renaud