wiper relay location on series one car?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

winfred

wiper relay location on series one car?

Post by winfred »

wipers pretty much crapped out on the 81 633 and haven't had time to do more then check the fuse so i have been driving my e30, my copy of mitchell doesn't go back far enough to hit the e12 based cars and it doesn't have the big rectangle relay of the later cars, my car has intensive clean (which has never worked) and the normal squirters function
3/81 633 m30b35 & getrag 260/6, motronic 1.3 -sold

86 635 with nearly all goodies from rotted away 85 m635 including the m88/3, tuning in progress on motronic 3.3.1
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

I'll check my manual and see if it says this clearly or not.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Looks like it might be under the drivers kick panel. The online manual shows it there (61 31 370):
http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/ ... tm/600.htm

RealOEM lists Number 5 as the controller/relay (but the Online manual shows Number 3?):
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

I looked in my manual and couldn't find a location.

I've looked on may parts car and I didn't find it immediately either.

Mind you even if I had this would be on a RHD car and a LHD one will be different.

This unit typically has VI/BK, BR/RD, BK/VI, BR, BR/BK, BK/BL wires into it so far as I can tell; this might help track it down.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
winfred

Post by winfred »

t'was #5 right at the side of the car by the A pillar, soldered up a cracked solder joint and the wipers be a working again. the difference between #5 and #3 may be intensive cleaning, the extra two pins on #5 may be for that and are in a separate plug
3/81 633 m30b35 & getrag 260/6, motronic 1.3 -sold

86 635 with nearly all goodies from rotted away 85 m635 including the m88/3, tuning in progress on motronic 3.3.1