Help Support Bigcoupe.com

Great info how to add AUDI/VW VDO gauges to M30 engine

This forum is dedicated to technical write-ups contributed by Bigcoupe.com members. Please submit an article you have written to brian@bigcoupe.com in order to have your article posted.

Moderators: ron, bfons, GRNSHRK

Val_C
Bigcoupe supporter

Great info how to add AUDI/VW VDO gauges to M30 engine

Postby Val_C » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:05 am

Installing VW VDO gauges in your coupe or Bav (or other M30 engined car) by Devinder Grewal

Update: adapters for the oil pressure sender installation are available from the BigCoupe member Jordanmilos now.
Last edited by Val_C on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UKDaveJ

Re: Great info how to add AUDI/VW VDO gauges to M30 engine

Postby UKDaveJ » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:43 pm

This is a great article, at least worthy of a 'well done sir!' comment, so I thought I'd add mine.

Its not something that I think I'd on my 84 UK spec 635csi, but for anyone that wants to it is packed with info.

Well done! 8)

Dave

horsetan

Postby horsetan » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:54 pm

I don't think I could cope with more information.....

Val_C
Bigcoupe supporter

Postby Val_C » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:44 pm

One correction (from personal experience): I would not recommend to use 1/8" NPT thread plug, when I did, it was leaking after installation like hell, I ended up with retapping it for 10 mm thread and using 10 mm bolt with crush washer.

Beside this, the rest is worked out perfect, I placed the gauges instead of ashtray:

laharbimmer

Postby laharbimmer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Great thread!! I Love bimmers, but the lack of those three gauges is perhaps the most annoying thing I find. If given a choice, most likely the main bone that I would pick on orwith BMW. Idiot lights just don't do it on a car with that stature. :cry:

Val_C
Bigcoupe supporter

Postby Val_C » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Update: adapters for the oil pressure sender installation are available from the BigCoupe member Jordanmilos now.

hoadie

Postby hoadie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 pm

laharbimmer wrote:Great thread!! I Love bimmers, but the lack of those three gauges is perhaps the most annoying thing I find. If given a choice, most likely the main bone that I would pick on orwith BMW. Idiot lights just don't do it on a car with that stature. :cry:
Not sure I agree. It's stature is that it was a high-tech luxury sports coupe. Why have gauges when you can have check lights?

ZesCoupe
Bigcoupe Contributor

Postby ZesCoupe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Just thought I'd let anybody finding this thread know that the url doesn't work anymore but Google found the new one for me:
http://www.e9coupe.com/tech/gauges/gauges.html

Regards,
Martyn
"If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well" My Dad (1921-1995)

1986 635CSi
www.automotivelife.nl

-->

Return to “Tech Articles”