Amazing Hartge 635CSi Here in Australia

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Ozibimmer

Amazing Hartge 635CSi Here in Australia

Post by Ozibimmer »

Hi Guys
I just thought I would share a few pictures from a meeting here in Australia on the Gold Coast with the 6 series register.
One of the members Malcom has Amazing Hartge 635Csi that he brought back from the UK during a visit.
The car has featured in several magazines and here is a few pictures I took of the meeting,
Lucky guy =D>
The Red M635Csi to the Right in the first Pictures is owned by a guy called Rod and he also owns the E9 in the last picture
Last edited by Ozibimmer on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
79 E24 633CSi
80 E24 635CSi
82 E24 635csi Race Car Build (Schnitzer Replica) viewtopic.php?t=21792
82 E28 JPS (1 of 2 Ever Built)
85 E30 JPS
Tim Bradham

Post by Tim Bradham »

Nice!!
garyw51

Post by garyw51 »

There are some lucky people around. At least he is prepared to get them out and drive them and share them with other enthusiasts. Great cars!
garyw51
1980 635;
1980 e12 M535; 1986 e28M535
82 e21 Oz Alpina; 82 e21 Baur
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

Orsome.
Thanks for sharing.
Anything done special to the hartge.

Yes those e9 CSL's are magnificent.
Definelty on the list to own at some stage.
Need 30-40000 pounds thou.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

GazM3 wrote: Yes those e9 CSL's are magnificent.
Definelty on the list to own at some stage.
Need 30-40000 pounds thou.
The longer you wait, the more pounds it will take. They are climbing in price all the time. And to think I was offered one in pretty good condition 15 years ago....for $400....and passed on the deal. #-o
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
Horsetan

Post by Horsetan »

The Hartge M6 is the one which took ages to sell. The owner demanded that first refusal be given back to him if it were ever sold on again. He's going to be none too pleased when he finds out that it's on the other side of the world.

Any contract that Rod may have signed with the previous owner regarding first refusal is now going to be pretty much unenforceable, but I remember stories about Rod being very coy indeed when asked if the car had been spirited into Australia.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Horsetan wrote:The Hartge M6 is the one which took ages to sell. The owner demanded that first refusal be given back to him if it were ever sold on again. He's going to be none too pleased when he finds out that it's on the other side of the world.

Any contract that Rod may have signed with the previous owner regarding first refusal is now going to be pretty much unenforceable, but I remember stories about Rod being very coy indeed when asked if the car had been spirited into Australia.
I had read about this somewhere before, but assumed it was an urban myth :-k

I came close to buying the Hartge H6 which was for sale last year in the North of England with a view to full restoration. Unfortunately the vendor sold it to someone else (after agreeing the sale with me!) and the last I heard, it was being sold (dismantled?) at a breakers yard in Berkshire. I wonder what happened to it?
Horsetan

Post by Horsetan »

Pod wrote:
Horsetan wrote:The Hartge M6 is the one which took ages to sell. The owner demanded that first refusal be given back to him if it were ever sold on again. He's going to be none too pleased when he finds out that it's on the other side of the world.

I had read about this somewhere before, but assumed it was an urban myth :-k

I came close to buying the Hartge H6 which was for sale last year in the North of England with a view to full restoration. Unfortunately the vendor sold it to someone else (after agreeing the sale with me!) and the last I heard, it was being sold (dismantled?) at a breakers yard in Berkshire. I wonder what happened to it?
Well, I haven't bought any of its parts....
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

The chap who bought that car and who took it to Australia was - is - called Malcolm. He too has loads of interesting old BMWs. RHD E30 M3s, at least one E24 M635 - white one I collected from Ireland for him, an E34 M5 touring and a couple of the ex Hignett cars.

I wonder if he's changed his name.
Horsetan

Post by Horsetan »

cecotto479 wrote:.....I wonder if he's changed his name.
Maybe Malcolm wasn't his real name. Laying false trails, etc.

Very cloak and dagger. A bit like one of those Australian party leadership contests.....
Ozibimmer

Post by Ozibimmer »

Horsetan wrote:
cecotto479 wrote:.....I wonder if he's changed his name.
Maybe Malcolm wasn't his real name. Laying false trails, etc.

Very cloak and dagger. A bit like one of those Australian party leadership contests.....
I do apologise as the owner of the E9s name is Rod and he also owns a lovely M635.
The Hartge owners name is Malcom and he also owns another M635CSi in Black.
Both of these guys own other M3 and they where both there at two of our meetings.
The post has been edited.
Sorry
Addam
79 E24 633CSi
80 E24 635CSi
82 E24 635csi Race Car Build (Schnitzer Replica) viewtopic.php?t=21792
82 E28 JPS (1 of 2 Ever Built)
85 E30 JPS
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

There was an article in Total BMW about the car. I'll scan it and post it up.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
HartgeExport330

Re:Hartge 330 Export -

Post by HartgeExport330 »

Horsetan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 pm The Hartge M6 is the one which took ages to sell. The owner demanded that first refusal be given back to him if it were ever sold on again. He's going to be none too pleased when he finds out that it's on the other side of the world.

HartgeExport330

Re: Amazing Hartge 635CSi Here in Australia

Post by HartgeExport330 »

The original owner, Russ G was contacted as per our 'Gentleman's Agreement' and he declined also agreed it be sold on via a Broker here in Qld.

He was very pleased that the '6' was beining maintained and driven.

There was no deception or skull-duggery.

Just to make the case very clear.

Comments like yours which are speculation and not based on Fact have no place on this forum.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Amazing Hartge 635CSi Here in Australia

Post by Pod »

HartgeExport330 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:45 am The original owner, Russ G was contacted as per our 'Gentleman's Agreement' and he declined also agreed it be sold on via a Broker here in Qld.

He was very pleased that the '6' was beining maintained and driven.

There was no deception or skull-duggery.

Just to make the case very clear.

Comments like yours which are speculation and not based on Fact have no place on this forum.
I wouldn't worry so much about an old thread. Its been dead for more than six years!