This Sucks

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This Sucks

Post by Ralph in Socal »

This Sucks. Yes I have stolen the title from an article!

This Sucks. Yes it does. I hope all of you are doing well in the face of this pandemic

So far I and everyone in my immediate vicinity of friends and family are fine. We’re lucky

This sucks. Yes it does. But be smart, be safe, educate yourself, help the people that need it, look out for your loved ones

This really sucks. Yes it does. But this is nothing compared to losing your loved ones. Don’t be stupid. Listen to the knowledgeable experts. They know what they’re saying is accurate and true

The world will not end but we all have to help in saving it. My best wishes to all of you

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: This Sucks

Post by hornhospital »

Excellent posting, Ralph. Couldn't agree more. From someone that has multiple "underlying health issues", this sucks, but I and my family are doing everything we can to avoid the virus. I just made it to 69, and fully intend on getting to 70+.

Stay safe, stay healthy everyone.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

Agree is very grim, both from a health and economic perspective.

Urge everyone to listen to the Joe Rogan Michael Osterholm podcast, with some interesting related stuff if you're a deer hunter in the US.

[Michael Osterholm is an epidemiologist expert, who's also the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (US)]
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Going OK here. Lots of stupid panic buying but I was well prepared beforehand with full freezers and medical supplies. The stupidity sometimes makes me want to get away from the lot of them. Buy a farm somewhere isolated and raise some chickens.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
songzunhuang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by songzunhuang »

So far, my observations lead me to believe that the COVID-19 virus gives everyone who is NOT affected, the shits.
How else can you explain the run on toilet paper? :-k
-----
Song Huang
1984 633CSi
Last 7 of VIN: 6997383
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

songzunhuang wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:24 am So far, my observations lead me to believe that the COVID-19 virus gives everyone who is NOT affected, the shits.
How else can you explain the run on toilet paper? :-k
Not directed at you Song but Stupidity IS Rampant

Ralph
Last edited by Ralph in Socal on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

Good post Ralph. Yes, it sucks big time. Something we have never experienced on such a scale.
I see people in panic buying all they can get their hands on, or isolating as much as possible. On the other hand I see kids playing in the streets and people moving around as if it is just an ordinary day.
So strange!

Here in Europe schools are closed, events cancelled, borders closed, many shops closed and a lot of people work from home. Even so the amount of new infections is still rising. Some countries are in complete lockdown, much more to follow I assume.
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Well said, Ralph!

This is something we all have to pull together in order to get through. God bless everyone of you car crazy folks and STAY WELL!

Wash your hands!

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

As a guy who shoots from the hip and always thinks nothing will happen to him, I finally accept and believe believe the magnitude of this bitch and am self quarantining for 2 weeks. Home Depot where I have my very part time job is giving all employees 40 hours paid sick time which to me is like a two week paid vacation. Looks like the odds are stacked in my favor.....hopefully. At least it will force me to clean my garage and find all the parts I don't know I have
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

To all in the US.

Our health system will soon be in shortage of blood. Please do what you can to encourage everyone you know to donate. We have a blood drive locally on Tuesday so I’ll do it then. Benefit of the drive is there is no requirement to enter a hospital. They perform the blood draws in a special truck. It works well. Thanks

https://www.redcross.org/give-blood.html

Ralph

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

I have been debating adding this reply. But we have to look at the opportunity to be home with our loved ones and to work on our 6'ers. I think the parts houses are working as is FedEx and Amazon Prime.
Also, spring is coming although most of the botanical gardens are closed. Washington DC has a "Blossom Cam" to see the cherry trees from your home.
This too shall pass.
Ken
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

I received an email from the owner of Harbor Freight where he is donating all their stock of 5 and 7 mil. nitrile gloves to local hospitals.
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

This does royally suck.

I am still reporting to my office, as my space is more isolated, and I need to interact with systems physically to keep our college daily business running. Always being careful, and washing up when I leave/return to my area. At least I still have a job. I hope anyone not working is ok.

Above all else, everyone just be sensible and take basic precautions. Wash and choose to self-isolate as much as possible. That really goes a long way.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

This weekend it all became too real for us tucked away down here in mountains in SW Ireland .
We lost a true gentleman to this heinous virus who lived and worked all his life in our town. He was a Master Builder , Artisan and a truly honourable man and I became a better person for knowing him.
Today I witnessed the dreadful spectacle of his funeral mass streamed on line and watched as his dear wife and six adult children had to sit 2 metres apart unable to even physically console each other . There were ten people allowed in the Church .
The on line condolence book stood at 1265 messages of sympathy when I last looked .
The Church , courtyard , carpark and road would normally have been overflowing for such a person .
It was a very sad goodbye .

I write this to emphasise to you all the severety and consequences of these times and ask you to be careful and look after yourselves and family .

RIP Jerry , I'll miss you.
Don
1981 635 series 1
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Sad to hear that Don. Condolences to the family from Down Under.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

What a sad story Don, I sympathize with you.
The conditions at funerals are terrible, keeping your distance when you would like nothing more than to comfort and hug each other.
Condolences from the Netherlands!
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

Here in NZ funerals are prohibited full stop under current level 4 conditions
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)