16 piece front suspension kits

Post in this forum for topics relating to suspension, steering, and brakes

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bm0635

16 piece front suspension kits

Post by bm0635 »

the 16 piece front suspension kits on ebay - suits 635 and m6, mine is a 1985 m635 csi euro that came from uk, do they fit all?
i am thinking of the meile kit as preference, thoughts??

regards
richard
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 16 piece front suspension kits

Post by ron »

How about putting the ebay link on here?
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

I would be more than careful of the brand of the parts in the kits. There are a lot of Chinese parts kits out there that are pure crap and have a high failure rate. If the name brand parts such as Lemforder are not available in the UK you may be smart to bite the bullet and buy them in the US and have them shipped. Better than doing the same job twice. Brucey may chime in here with some sage advice.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I'll chime in and agree with Bert 100%.
Don't forget to load the upper bushing before tightening.
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
bm0635

Post by bm0635 »

just looked up ebay in usa and they specify lemforder and meile kits, of these which would you buy?, are they the real deal?,

regards
richard
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Yes and both quality Who are the vendors? Still have to look for Asian repros. Also search FCP Groton and Auto Haus AZ ECS Tuning all reputable parts houses. There are reputable sellers on Ebay as well you just have to check ratings and how many transactions they have done. Pay with paypal for sure cover yourself every which way you can FCP Groton is customer oriented for sure Lemforder and Meile are the name brands to go with
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
jps635
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jps635 »

As you will have read there is a lot of discussion on Lemforder vs Meyle.

Reliable advice I received was Lemforder arms have better ball joints, but replace the bushes with the Meyle HD inserts. If you do this make sure you get the correct width (to correspond with your mounts)

For lower arms consider the aluminium E34 (from memory), which are a direct fit.
'85 635csi JPS (RA2-66)
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Well if you want to pin it down to a gnats ass, go to Moosehead Engineering and get his upper control arms. He presses in a metal spherical bearing that will not wear out in your life time and increases handling and road feel immeasurably according to guys on various forums who have used them. If you don't want to pay the price, he sells the bearings separately and you can do the installation yourself.Wolfe, Wokkede, in Germany offers the same. Both of these guys are honest and have been around for years. I may not wave Wolfe's address right but you can find him with google O am sure. his real business his beautifully restored and hard to find wheels.
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

my two pence worth; there is so much dodgy stuff out there that the last time I needed replacement suspension arms I refurbed some old OEM ones, it being a better choice (for me) than paying either dealer prices for OEM parts or buying fake crap from ebay.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~