BAY AREA SHARK MEET 1/14 Burlingame California

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

tgriffith009

BAY AREA SHARK MEET 1/14 Burlingame California

Post by tgriffith009 »

Hey guys!

First and foremost im sorry to post this with such little warning but this is a very casual and quickly organized get together.

As many of you know the world of Facebook groups has started to pull people away from the older forums such as bimmerofurms, m5 board, bigcoupe, etc...There is a facebook group "BMW e24 Bay Area San Francisco" the link can be found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/148167929190080/ . This Sunday we are trying to get some of our members to meet face to face. I have planned a small meet that is listed in the Facebook group as well, the post goes as such:

We have lots of new members in the group and we thought it would be nice to actually see everyone in real life :)

Free your calendars for this coming Sunday the 14th at 10am.

-Meet at Peter Pan Service (its on Adrian road in Burlingame right off 101) for a quick meet and greet
-Leave at 1045 for Alices Restaurant up on 84 and La Honda(101 to 92 to 280 to woodside road will be my route of choice but we can go with the flow depending on how many people we have)
-Casual lunch at Alices (mind you there will be a long wait so we will have time to catch up and hang out)
-Head back down the hill hopefully before 1-130 or so.

If your e24 is down for the count it will be acceptable to bring another vintage BMW. More eye candy the better!

Please comment if you are able to make it so we have a rough idea of how many cars we might get. - Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone .
1988 635 5 speed swap #2 - Gone but not forgotten
1988 635 5 speed swap #1 - Gone but not forgotten
1988 M6 - 175k with a pink door and a tired s38
1985 M635 - one owner, 3.8, 39k Miles
1995 540i/6 - Dinan supercharged
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: BAY AREA SHARK MEET 1/14 Burlingame California

Post by GRNSHRK »

Hey Taylor,

Short notice for sure :shock:

And why do these things have to be organized using social media such as Face Plant, I know I'm old but I just don't get it :-?

I even thought of a new one called "Fake Book", but it's probably already taken :-k

Anyhoo, no promises, "maybe" just meet at Peter Pan BMW and skip the drive, cutting into football time, you know [-X

Hope I can make it [-o<

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black