Aircon help

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

rs6

Aircon help

Post by rs6 »

Hello guys,

I was searching on the forums and google a lot for the previous 3 days but I can' get anything that I can help with.
My 1983 E24 came without air con from the factory. Previous owner gave me almost whole installation for it.
I have hard times realising what is going under the dashboard!

My car came with box with heater radiator with three cables connected to center console. Also blower on the other side.
Now I also have this box for Aicon:
http://www.bmw-etk.info/parts-catalog/p ... 64/64_0379

The problem I have is that this box (unit) also have blower which is not sticking out from the shell and this box don't have three cables which are going to center console.
What I'm missing here?
Is the AC unit going under the dash? Where? Is the AC unit replacing current box with heater radiator? Or both units have to be mounted together?
I'm confused.

I have all the wires, cables, everything. I also have AC button for the console. I just don't know what and how to fit this under the dash.

Thank you guys for help!
emac

Re: Aircon help

Post by emac »

did you look at this thread? Check the document link, it has pictures of the a/c unit and dash
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26919#p193460
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Also check out the book "Just Needs a Re-Charge: The Hack Mechanic Guide to Vintage Air Conditioning" by Rob Siegel.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
rs6

Post by rs6 »

emac wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 am did you look at this thread? Check the document link, it has pictures of the a/c unit and dash
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26919#p193460
Found that yes, looking at those pictures it seems that I have wrong AC unit under the dash and that it's only one.
Also from those pictures I can't find where the three lines goes to the dash console..

Baders, will check that out for sure! Thanks