E24 at the Movies

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

aap1966

E24 at the Movies

Post by aap1966 »

I thought it might be fun to list the movies the 6 series has appeared in. I've only listed the movies I have seen myself--feel free to add to the list or provide stills from the movies if possible.

I don't have stills for "The Breakfast Club", "Hollow Man", or "Back To The Future 2".

The soundtrack for the bridge chase seen in "Mr and Mrs Smith" was apparently provided by a 635 with a (US spec) M6 engine conversion.

(Yes, it's late at night, it's Boxing Day, I'm stuck at work and it's quiet...too bloody quiet.)
Attachments
Possibly the greatest political drama ever filmed. 635CSi owned by Roger O'Neil, coke addicted P.R. hack.
Possibly the greatest political drama ever filmed. 635CSi owned by Roger O'Neil, coke addicted P.R. hack.
House of Cards.jpg (75.72 KiB) Viewed 9965 times
A (?)M6 being used as Munich intended.
A (?)M6 being used as Munich intended.
Lethal Weapon 2.jpg (22.03 KiB) Viewed 9965 times
Moonlighting.jpg
Moonlighting.jpg (58.43 KiB) Viewed 9965 times
Last edited by aap1966 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bfons

Post by bfons »

Here is a Green 6er being blown up on 24.

http://bigcoupe.com//misc/6er_blown_up.avi
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

The 'moonlighting' 6er got deliberately smashed in one episode by the Bruce Willis character, to the Jimi Hendrix track 'manic depression'. I wince just thinking about it.

They smashed one up on the dreary british soap 'eastenders' two or three years ago... more wincing....

There is a 6er parked outside on the street in the background in one of the 'Beverley Hills cop' films, too; it survives unscathed.... phew...!

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

I recently rented a film at Blockbuster. It was a French Flm by Luc Besson, but i can't remeber the name. I meant to write it down as it featred a series 1 six series as the undercover police man's car.

Don't forget inner space which features a six series. I believe light green like the moonlighting car. Remember seeing that.

Can't remember any others just yet although in Lethal Weapon the six they crashed was not the same M6, but a lowly 633 running metrics. (I Think)
GWL

Post by GWL »

One of Bruce Willis' cool friends on Moonlighting drove a solid white Six. Cannot remember the character or actor.
Finally6

Post by Finally6 »

GWL wrote:One of Bruce Willis' cool friends on Moonlighting drove a solid white Six. Cannot remember the character or actor.
Wasn't that Hawk on the Robert Ulrich show, who's name escapes me??
GWL

Post by GWL »

Finally6 wrote:
GWL wrote:One of Bruce Willis' cool friends on Moonlighting drove a solid white Six. Cannot remember the character or actor.
Yes I think your right. Bad Memory. I just remember that beautiful monochromatic white Six. I had made my 80 Euro Monochromatic, some years before the show, so I remembered the car.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

GWL wrote:
Finally6 wrote:
Yes I think your right. Bad Memory. I just remember that beautiful monochromatic white Six. I had made my 80 Euro Monochromatic, some years before the show, so I remembered the car.
I think that show was Spenser For Hire, Hawk was played by Avery Brooks, who went on to play Captain Sisko on Deep Space Nine.

I've been a big fan of Bruce Willis' work for many years now, always knew they had that 6 series in Moonlighting, but I'd never seen Bruce smashing it up until I stumbled across it on youtube just the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UpIL1YuQNg
CrazyRussian540

Post by CrazyRussian540 »

I just found a blue 6er in James Bond: Octopussy. Its at 1hour 49mins 4seconds.
val_c

Post by val_c »

Lethal Weapon -II: M6 in film opening chase

Ah, I must read better first post.
Last edited by val_c on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alpinacsi

Post by alpinacsi »

Spencer for Hire was the inspiration for this. This was my first 6er in the mid '80. I later changed the grills back to stock because it was a little over powering. This started as a US bumpered car and went through many changes and the front bumper was later changed to match the rear. I was also a big fan of Miami Vice.
Attachments
boatcar.JPG
boatcar.JPG (179.6 KiB) Viewed 9867 times
alpinacsi

Post by alpinacsi »

Check out this site for about 1700 listing with BMW's in shows and Movies.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-BMW.html
val_c

Post by val_c »

Thanks, alpinacsi.
Will be easier this way.
bfons

Post by bfons »

chevale wrote:Thanks, alpinacsi.
Will be easier this way.
I suddenly have another bookmark to add!
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I like this talk of movies with 6ers in them.

Other than Back to the Future 2, which is mentioned in a separate thread, the only other one I can think of which hasn't been mentioned yet is the movie Innerspace. The bad guy drives a blue one, the number plate is 'snapon' or something like that, coz the bad guy has mechanical snapon weapons or something I think.

(edit: sorry, just noticed Sohlman did mention innerspace)

More trivia, that bad guy is an intimidating looking Australian actor, Vernon Wells, who was in Mad Max or two as well as probably playing quite a few bouncers. Makes a tidy career playing intimidating bad guys.

I was once upset while watching with friends the special features of the Bond film Die Another Day, in which they showed the pre-production of the ice chase between the Aston Martin and the Jaguar. One of the stunt cars they were using was a yellow or orange E24 - it slid around on the ice a fair bit and was rolled more than once. My friends knew that the BMW they were smashing up on set was 'just like' my car.

But, E24s in the movies. I have some photoshopped pictures of my mighty Beamer as it may have appeared in some of your more memorable blockbusters. I know this isn't exactly what we're talking about, but it is Christmas after all.

These came about because my car was in the shop a few weeks back and I started to miss it. I've got it back now, so I've moved on, but I am keen on the hover conversion...

Original pic

Dukes

Starsky

Blues

Delorean

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Cool ^^^^^^^^^ Like the Starsky and Hutch a LOT !!!!! 8)
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

ROFL @ photochops. How about a Mad Max Interceptor and a Ghostbusters ambulance?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Aussie_6er wrote:ROFL @ photochops. How about a Mad Max Interceptor and a Ghostbusters ambulance?
Cool ideas. I was thinkin' about a Mad Max one...
DC

Post by DC »

Aussie_6er wrote:ROFL @ photochops. How about a Mad Max Interceptor and a Ghostbusters ambulance?
nooooo, mix of 6er and Ghostbusters ambulance is my nightmare :roll: :lol:
M6 - Marwin
628CSi Turbo - Britney
BMW-Faszination aus Technik und Design
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

I'd still like to see it anyway.....

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Good suggestions.

But I can't believe, I'm doing requests..

I've tried to keep recognisable elements of the 6 series and include pertinent elements of the other vehicles.

Please note that this was originally my car (rather than 'any' E24) as it would appear in certain movies, therefore I have chosen to keep the chrome wheel arches, however some punk has peppered the rear of the Interceptor with shotgun blasts so one guard is falling off, and the Ghostbusters car has a cool enough rear guard as it is.

The Mad Max one, I think I could live with. The Last of the V8s... turns out its a straight six.

The Ghostbusters one, I think DC was right, not matter how much I tried, it just looks wrong, it looks ugly, it looks stupid. Wings work really really well on a '59 Cadillac, not so good on an E24.

Original

Max

Ecto

Also note, if anyone's a purist, that Ghostbusters car is hard to do, it would seem no two pics of the real Ghostbusters car have the same stuff on top so I've kind of mixed it up a bit. I tried to be creative.

Overall I think the first lot, (Starsky, Dukes, Blues) are much better, more 'realistic', if that's the right way to put it!
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

ROFL my suggestions were more for the laugh factor. The ghostbusters one does look butt ugly, reminds me of that modified 635 shown on BarryBoys.
But they still look pretty smooth. I've only just started using photoshop and I cant fathom how you did these. :shock:
You probably saw my "Cars" effort over at ECCA...

MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Aussie_6er wrote:ROFL my suggestions were more for the laugh factor. The ghostbusters one does look butt ugly, reminds me of that modified 635 shown on BarryBoys.
But they still look pretty smooth. I've only just started using photoshop and I cant fathom how you did these. :shock:
You probably saw my "Cars" effort over at ECCA...

I did, and it looks pretty tidy too. Perspectives and all look just right.

And yes, I think the joke may be on me. I thought that half way through the Ghostbusters one, but I couldn't leave it half done. I like the Mad Max one though (I did that one first so I was on a roll!).
Finally6

amibuggnu, how about this one?

Post by Finally6 »

Remember the Charger with the blower sticking through the hood on the "Fast and the Furious". Can you do an E24 in the same scene where the Charger is doing a wheelstand?? Sorry, I love my Mopars still, even though I don't presently have any to go with my 6's. :(
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I can't believe your photoshop skillz Ellis!

Personally, I reckon the Ghostbusters job looks good. Admittedly I can't remember what the original car looks like but you got the wing and proportions, rear overhang etc spot on. Plus the spats and white sidewalls on the tyres!

One thing I really like is how you've left the chrome wheel arches on every single car!