The two different engine mount designs.

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

KNude

The two different engine mount designs.

Post by KNude »

Hello,

I'm about to change the engine mounts on my M30B35. Currently I have the "grenade" shaped mounts 11811132793 installed, but they seem to be NLA from anywhere. RealOEM gives the cylindrical shaped mount 11811128932 as an option. Is this a direct replacement? Is one or the other better?

The cylindrical mounts seem to be the only ones available, but even they are rare. Autodoc lists many options by different manufacturers but none of them are in stock and they don't seem to know when/if they would be getting them. The dealer's price is almost 70 EUR per unit, so 140 EUR total. Does anyone know where to get the mounts for a more reasonable price in Europe?

Thank you,

- Kay
1988 635CSiA

You can't ignore my techno.
songzunhuang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: The two different engine mount designs.

Post by songzunhuang »

I was thinking of replacing my engine mounts as well and noticed that the cylinder shaped ones are for manual tranny cars while the other (did you say grenade shape?) ones are for auto transmissions. It looks everyone is backordered unless ou buy very pricey BMW OEM parts. Those are in stock.
-----
Song Huang
1984 633CSi
Last 7 of VIN: 6997383
kylefav390

Re: The two different engine mount designs.

Post by kylefav390 »

I bought these for my manual swapped 88 car. I haven't installed them yet but they are a decent option when compared to the dealer prices.
songzunhuang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mix and match

Post by songzunhuang »

Well, I finally located one OEM mount after weeks of trying.
Since i need 2 mounts, I ordered an aftermarket one as well. Even those are getting hard to locate!

I've captured some details in my post here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25858&start=900

We shall see how it goes. I'll keep my finding updated in my project post.
-----
Song Huang
1984 633CSi
Last 7 of VIN: 6997383