Albury-Wodonga 2010

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mark E

Albury-Wodonga 2010

Post by Mark E »

Hello all...

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have attached a flyer for next year's get together in Albury-Wodonga. Feel free to print off copies and distribute to any 6'er owners you know who may like to join us.

This year I've also set up a registration form which will help me keep track of who's in and how many etc. It has sections where you can confirm if you'd like a cap and how many, your accomodation preference and also if you're interested in taking part in a track day at Winton.

This way we can progress based on majority vote.

Please fill it in and return it to me via email or snail mail and then we can go from there.

I'll start to investigate some accomodation options and look at some potential venues for a dinner on Saturday as well as maybe Sunday night.

Here's to another biggie bicoupe.com get together! :D

Cheers...
Attachments

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Well i'm in. I'll do the rego form later. If it's anything like my car's rego then you'll receive it the day before the Sharkfest. Can i officially now say Sharkfest?

Sharkfest.

Regards
Paul
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Well said! :lol:
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Mark
Thanks for taking the running.
For those who could not make it to Sharkfest No1 this is your chance to make amends, join a friendly bunch of guys with great cars for an enjoyable weekend.
Close your eyes and image 20+ sharks all in a line cruising down the road, a sight to be seen!!!
Team Serco's in (no wives this year).
Regards,
Allan
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone Know Chris Buckley?

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Hopefully one of you Aussie shark owners knows an M6 owner by the name of Chris Buckley. Sold him a couple of items but he seems hesitant to join BC. Out of Carina Heights, Queensland. Maybe he'll see this post and finally join your group for the great times ahead. I wish I could.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Thanks Ralph... and thanks for the heads-up.

I'm sure Chris is known to the Queensland 6'er owners as there's quite a few up there and it is the base for the Aussie 6 series register. We'd love them all to join us if they could!

However, this is a big country and sadly Queensland is a long way by most standards from our destination of Albury-Wodonga on the Victorian/NSW border. So the travelling distance might put them off, but our motto is the more the merrier! :-)

In fact, earlier this year we had Steve - one of the Queensland owners - who travelled all the way down to South Australia and then joined us for the drive across to Echuca for our first Aussie Sharkfest. He then drove home to Queensland after the event! That was a bloody big road trip by anyone's standards!

We're hoping maybe to have another get-together further north so the Queensland contingent don't have to to travel so far, but that would probably preclude most of us from the southern end of the island. Unfortunately that's just the way it is here in Oz.

Take care & keep cruisin'.

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Shipper 01

Re: Anyone Know Chris Buckley?

Post by Shipper 01 »

Ralph in Socal wrote:Hopefully one of you Aussie shark owners knows an M6 owner by the name of Chris Buckley. Sold him a couple of items but he seems hesitant to join BC. Out of Carina Heights, Queensland. Maybe he'll see this post and finally join your group for the great times ahead. I wish I could.

Ralph
I'm in and am assuming that my wife will be so as well. Is Chris the guy with the red M6 with the M5 3.8 litre engine under the hood??? If so, nice guy! Would love for him to come along! He came on a south coast trip with us this year if I'm thinking about the same person! Fantastic Car! Only Peter Sims can build a better one and that's saying something.

Hey Peter! Join us mate!!!
itsmesteve

Re: Anyone Know Chris Buckley?

Post by itsmesteve »

Shipper 01 wrote:
Ralph in Socal wrote:Hopefully one of you Aussie shark owners knows an M6 owner by the name of Chris Buckley. Sold him a couple of items but he seems hesitant to join BC. Out of Carina Heights, Queensland. Maybe he'll see this post and finally join your group for the great times ahead. I wish I could.

Ralph
I'm in and am assuming that my wife will be so as well. Is Chris the guy with the red M6 with the M5 3.8 litre engine under the hood??? If so, nice guy! Would love for him to come along! He came on a south coast trip with us this year if I'm thinking about the same person! Fantastic Car! Only Peter Sims can build a better one and that's saying something.

Hey Peter! Join us mate!!!
Chris owns a completely stock Diamond schwartz M6.Nice guy,but I doubt we'll see him making a trip that distance.
Hopefully I will be!!
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Yeah - we'd love to see you again Steve.

Maybe Greg Tymms and some of the others up your way might like to try and join us as well.

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

I'd like to say I'll definitely be there,but too early for me to commit.
A track day is always a big incentive.
I'll certainly pass it on to the guys up here but I don't know how many could manage what would be a five or six day adventure.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Mark, i emailed you my doodah form earlier but it got returned to me as a host unknown. Your email is rather small on the form especially for a blind bat like me so i must have stuffed up somewhere. Can you pm me your email address and then i can shoot it off.

I'd hate to turn up as the unexpected guest

Regards
Paul
hynek001

Post by hynek001 »

Sandie & Peter Foster will also join. Looking forward to it. Peter.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Sandie and Peter, Rosie and I owe you dinner. We'll need to pre-book and find a decent place for a drink pre dinner. Please leave your wallets at home!

Josh
hynek001

Post by hynek001 »

That is very kind and will be a treat. Peter.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul convinced me today that I have to come, so that's one more from NSW..
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Paul convinced me today that I have to come, so that's one more from NSW..
Hooray!
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I'm in for this.

Mark - have you received many registrations so far?

Regards,
Ellis.
Serco

albury

Post by Serco »

As 2010 is off and running I thought it may be an opportune time to remind all Big Coupe owners that it's only 9 weeks to the second get together in Albury.
Yes, only 9 weeks!
Please check the details Mark has posted and register.
This will help with co-ordination of camp sites / accomodation etc.
If this year can match last years Euchuca visit than what a great weekend it will be.
Bring it on!
Regards,
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Rosie and I are in so I supose I should register, although we will not camp, prefering to hotel it in luxury! Go the spa bath!!

ps, all that camping gear weighs Ben, ellis and Paul's car down enough to make mine almost as fast!!!!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Ha. I see your hotel and raise you a houseboat (with a spa)

http://www.murrayriverhouseboats.com.au/houseboats.html
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

A bit pricey!

Where is everyone staying, hotel, motel or camping wise. Let's me select a well located hotel!!!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

But think how many Brazilians you could fit in the spa!

I'll be camping as I'm taking the week off following & will continue touring.
635 tragic

Post by 635 tragic »

aubury ,greetings mark from newcastle.my partner sue & i as well as jim & janeena in his m635 will be coming down . will send off rego forms shortly ,cheers bob.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I've just come back from an unexpected (and unwelcome) week on site up in Newcastle. Phase 2 of the job that was supposed to have started on the 4th of January is now starting on either the 1st or 8th of March and will run for 5 or 6 weeks. I can't possibly get out of it so alas it looks like i'm a goner for this trip. If the start overruns again then i'll be back in but that'll be most unlikely.

I am most pissed off. Last year was a huge amount of fun plus i'm thinking of selling the 6er later this year and Albury would have been an excellent farewell.

Bummer, as they say.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

That's a real shame Paul, we'll certainly miss having you there. Let's hope the unlikely happens and you are able to make it.

Those who are still intending on coming, I suppose we had better put some thought in to what we want to do while we're there. Is anyone familiar with the roads around the area, suggestions for good driving routes?