2011 Eurofest in Adelaide

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mark E

2011 Eurofest in Adelaide

Post by Mark E »

Hello all...

Just been having a bit of an email conversation with Mr Humpage and the thought occured to me... with so much on and some ill health in the family, finding the time to help organise a big coupe get together in Adelaide in November as had been kicked around was looking very unlikely.

But then I wondered about this Eurofest Show n Shine which is being organised by the local BMW drivers club for November 20 at the National Motor Museum in Birdwood, and whether it might be a suitable catalyst for us to throw something together.

I was hoping to get as many local 6'ers there as I could under the banner of the new 6 Series Register, but what do you think about it as part of a big coupe get togther?

The flyer is attached for your info.

I had originally thought the museum should be on our to-do list anyway as it's great value for any motoring enthusiast, so this might be a good excuse to come over and do some other driving type stuff at the same time.

I just thought I'd put it out there and see what the feeling was?

Let us know and we can look at making some plans.

Cheers...
Attachments
Eurofest poster.jpg
Eurofest poster.jpg (313.03 KiB) Viewed 7837 times
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Thanks for putting this up Mark.

I doubt I'll be up for a drive over to SA unfortunately, for this or a sharkfest. Now that we're a few months out from November its more realistic for me to not plan on making that trek this year.

It still interests me as something to do in the future though, I'm sure the whole journey would be a great drive, but I can't realistically say when.

Regards,
Ellis.
V

Post by V »

There is also a similar on in Canberra in September

I'm thinking about heading up for that one
Last edited by V on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I won't be able to make it to the Birdwood event, it's too soon and distance-wise too far away for me to make plans with the small amount of annual leave I have remaining.
vik351

Post by vik351 »

Well we had a mini shark fest out of the day today

Met at St Peters BP for a squirt Birdwood through our wonderful Adelaide hills... Nice and twisty,what an E24 was made for...!!!

How the hell did he get that number plate...??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

vik... beats me...???
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Great to see Mark's car, it's like the return of an old friend. Who is everybody else?

Regards
Paul
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

G'day Paul - yes it was nice to be finally able to take her out and blow the dust off... and well done Vik on the photo's.

I took a bucket load of photo's of the event and will load them up as soon as I have time.

But quick introduction:

Mine you know (Ascot Grey)...
Vik was the cream coloured (?) with the TRX's and body kit leading the charge...
Tommy was in the gold 6'er (he left the M3 in the garage at home!)...
Chris in the dark blue with the stunning BBS wheels (he's got an S88 engine & gearbox for sale if anyone wants one!)...
Alvin in the silver M6 (who's got more BMW's hiding in the garage than his wife knows about! Ooops sorry Alvin - cat out of the bag :D )...
Mike was in the E39 (the 6'er is still in bits in the shed!)...
Can't remember the E30 crew & the Merc was a ring-in!

Basically they're the beginnings of the SA E24 Register crew and we're hoping to do more local stuff together as well as that next national "Sharkfest" we keep talking about.

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

How the hell did he get that number plate...??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

vik... beats me...???[/quote]

Paid a lot of money to the right people (and still paying!) :(

And anyway - BMW 635 was already taken! :lol:
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
vik351

Post by vik351 »

Mark E wrote:How the hell did he get that number plate...??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

vik... beats me...???
Paid a lot of money to the right people (and still paying!) :(

And anyway - BMW 635 was already taken! :lol:[/quote]

635 CSI even better...!!!

vik... =D> =D> :mrgreen:
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Excellent work Gents. Good to see 6ers getting out in their local environments.

I didn't realise there were so many there in SA. Keep up the good work, keep the shiny side up even.

Regards,
Ellis.
vik351

Post by vik351 »

MrE wrote:Excellent work Gents. Good to see 6ers getting out in their local environments.

I didn't realise there were so many there in SA. Keep up the good work, keep the shiny side up even.

Regards,
Ellis.
There a couple more yet to come,but they are still in bits...

vik... :D
vik351

First aid

Post by vik351 »

I need new rear shocks,so I was havin a sniff around to see how they were put in when I found this in the back... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Untouched in 30 years...!!!

Is this a good thing...???

Even the tool box had most things there

vik...
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: First aid

Post by MrE »

vik351 wrote: Untouched in 30 years...!!!
Is this a good thing...???
vik...
Its certainly not a bad thing. Image
Though to be honest I think there are a lot of these never-been-opened first-aid kits out there. Certainly in Australia, given how rare & expensive these cars were when new, most of them have been reasonably well looked after by their previous owners so things like the first-aid kits often have remianed untouched. I know mine's still all complete and unused.

The toolkit however, it's more rare for them to be 100% complete given the practical nature of their contents and the ease with which the odd screwdriver or spanner can get misplaced in a home garage full of tools. I know mine's missing a few bits.
Alvchua

Post by Alvchua »

Mark E wrote: Alvin in the silver M6 (who's got more BMW's hiding in the garage than his wife knows about! Ooops sorry Alvin - cat out of the bag :D )...
Shhhhhhh!!!! U r so getting me into trouble!! She took a walk up to the garage yesterday and found 2 she didn't know about - am already in trouble!!

Luckily a few more were at the restorer and mechanics respectively!!! #-o :mrgreen: