[VIC/NSW] Meet - Merimbula

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

V

[VIC/NSW] Meet - Merimbula

Post by V »

The boys over on ECCA are proposing a NSW/VIC meetup in or around Merimbula. Possibly over the Easter long weekend.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.ph ... -Merimbula

Any of you guys keen?
ozbmw

Post by ozbmw »

I am keen to drop in, but probably just as a day trip for me.
Matt @ Snowy Mountains of Australia
http://bigcoupe.com/members/ozbmw
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'd be keen but ( gawd i hate buts) i'm in England in March and then looking after the place when Emma flies off to France in April so i'm stuffed until the winter really. Me ,Ben and Ellis had a good run down that part of the world a couple of years ago around the middle of the year and it was lovely.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Yep I'd be interested. I understand why Easter has been suggested given it's long weekendedness, but I reckon Merimbula would be a shitfight of holidaymakers over that weekend.
Paul Humpage wrote:I'd be keen but ( gawd i hate buts) i'm in England in March and then looking after the place when Emma flies off to France in April so i'm stuffed until the winter really. Me ,Ben and Ellis had a good run down that part of the world a couple of years ago around the middle of the year and it was lovely.
Ben, Ellis and I...
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:
Ben, Ellis and I...
Did what?
V

Post by V »

My Mums holiday shack will sleep 8 with some bed sharing.

A double bed, 2 single beds, and 2 double fold out couches. There is also plenty space on the veranda for sleeping bags if it is warm or tents in the backyard.
nagaro635

Post by nagaro635 »

Paul Humpage wrote:
MrE wrote:
Ben, Ellis and I...
Did what?
Now that's funny :lol:
John
Sydney
Australia

1988 BMW 635csi - 'Glamour Machine'
BMW E46 M3 (Manual)- 'A shot in the arm'
2003 Nissan Maxima- 'work aholic'
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

V wrote:My Mums holiday shack will sleep 8 with some bed sharing.

A double bed, 2 single beds, and 2 double fold out couches. There is also plenty space on the veranda for sleeping bags if it is warm or tents in the backyard.
Now that sounds like a plan...
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Rosie and I would be interested. We love Merimbula. I design a lot of Bega Valley Shire Council's marine facilities. The main public jetty in Merimbula is mine as is the new 3 lane boat ramp and finger pontoon at the end of the airport runway.

I am bound to be able to do a site inspection at the same time.

A bonus here would be our ability to drop in on Pip Barker. He was the chief mechanic for the JPS 635 racing team when Jim Richards was the driver and is always keen to hot up anyones 635. He has a BMW mechanic/race shop in Kalaru and it is a lovely drive from Merimbula, past Pip's shop to Tathra via the Saphire Coast Drive.
Kaotiq635

Post by Kaotiq635 »

Easter is a mess, but so far I have no plans, put me down as a maybe.

Cheers,
Iain
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Shipper 01 wrote:Rosie and I would be interested. We love Merimbula. I design a lot of Bega Valley Shire Council's marine facilities. The main public jetty in Merimbula is mine as is the new 3 lane boat ramp and finger pontoon at the end of the airport runway.

I am bound to be able to do a site inspection at the same time.

A bonus here would be our ability to drop in on Pip Barker. He was the chief mechanic for the JPS 635 racing team when Jim Richards was the driver and is always keen to hot up anyones 635. He has a BMW mechanic/race shop in Kalaru and it is a lovely drive from Merimbula, past Pip's shop to Tathra via the Saphire Coast Drive.
Josh, we're now looking at Tumut as the meet point, and dates at the end of March. Keep an eye on the link to the ECCA thread for more info on the discussions underway.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Keep me up to date on this one Ben. As long as it is not too hot I may be able to talk Rosie into it.

Need to get some brake pedal however!