Oberon - Saturday 9 June 2012 - Now with Pics & Video

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oberon - Saturday 9 June 2012 - Now with Pics & Video

Post by MrE »

Hello All

I'm proposing a Sixer cruise through rural NSW on Saturday 9 June 2012.

The route takes us from Richmond along Bells Line of Road onto Oberon where we will stop for lunch, then south through scenic forests and national parks to Goulburn. From Goulburn its back on the Hume Highway to home.

This is a map of the route. http://g.co/maps/hvmft

Meet point is the Information Bay opposite Richmond Airbase on Hawkesbury Valley Way at 9:30am for a 10am departure. It's easy to find and has plenty of parking.

Any and all are welcome to come along. Please indicate in this thread if you intend on coming so I know who to wait for, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ellis.
Last edited by MrE on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

This will be a good trip. Consider me in.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

What Ben said. I'm in.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Sounds good. Will run it past Rosie and bleed my brakes, again!

Josh

Um, is this the drive we did before? From memory that was one incredible road and really worth driving. Talked about it for ages!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

That was the road from Jenolan Caves you're thinking about Josh, at least i think that's what you're thinking of. I don't think we've gone to Oberon before with just the 6ers. I'm pretty sure i've done it with the ECCA mob but then we didn't go south to Goulbourn.

My minds a blank.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I'm pretty sure the correct answer to Mr Joshua's enquiry is that yes the road is bloody marvellous and you'd be a fool to miss out on this opportunity to hammer the route with a bunch of Bavaria's finest.

We've missed you Josh - E12 Sixers represent mate, I thought that was your life's mission?? Come on buddy! I wouldn't put it up for all as a cruise unless it was worth doing. Sixers love this kind of stuff.

If need be you can even bring the Volvo.
Serco

Oberon

Post by Serco »

Hello guys.
Sorry Team Serco's been quiet but work load, health issues and for the first time last month the old girl broke down on the way back from Berry and needed a tow job.
Fuel pump failed, replaced and then a week later an alternator rebuild.
Not had a chance to build up the confidence and concerned about a long run to Oberon.
Anyway will try to make it as I have missed Mr E's jibber!
Hopefully will see you all soon.
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

MrE wrote:I'm pretty sure the correct answer to Mr Joshua's enquiry is that yes the road is bloody marvellous and you'd be a fool to miss out on this opportunity to hammer the route with a bunch of Bavaria's finest.

We've missed you Josh - E12 Sixers represent mate, I thought that was your life's mission?? Come on buddy! I wouldn't put it up for all as a cruise unless it was worth doing. Sixers love this kind of stuff.

If need be you can even bring the Volvo.
After the caves we headed through Oberon and ended up in Goulbourn. Looking at the map I think we took a slightly different route. Was a stunning drive. Will chat to the boss over the weekend. May have nieces birthday catch up that weekend.

Josh
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

See? What do i know? I organised that damn drive and i can't remember where we went. :roll:
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I thought you'd done this before

viewtopic.php?p=73279#73279
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I thought you'd done this before

This is terrible, i have absolutely no recollection of driving down to Goulburn and then back on the freeway, no recollection at all.

I was told in my teens that sniffing lighter fuel would eventually rot my brain, how right they were.

Regards
Kevin
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Oberon

Post by MrE »

Serco wrote:Hello guys.
Sorry Team Serco's been quiet but work load, health issues and for the first time last month the old girl broke down on the way back from Berry and needed a tow job.
Fuel pump failed, replaced and then a week later an alternator rebuild.
Not had a chance to build up the confidence and concerned about a long run to Oberon.
Anyway will try to make it as I have missed Mr E's jibber!
Hopefully will see you all soon.
Allan
Good to hear from you Allan. I hope all is well with you and all the Sercos and that we see you again soon.

Did you say 'tow job'?
Paul Humpage wrote:
hoadie wrote:I thought you'd done this before

This is terrible, i have absolutely no recollection of driving down to Goulburn and then back on the freeway, no recollection at all.

I was told in my teens that sniffing lighter fuel would eventually rot my brain, how right they were.

Regards
Kevin
I see. I wasn't on that run but it's good to know we've got some clued up members of this Internet forum such as Shipper who can remind us how apparently awesome this route is. This makes me look forward to it even more given that I haven't been there yet, I've only seen it on the map.

Paul - make sure you remember to wear pants that day mate, okay?

Regards,
Ellis.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:

Paul - make sure you remember to wear pants that day mate, okay?

Regards,
Ellis.
Australian pants that keep my legs warm or English pants that keep my gonads where they should be? All pants are not the same to you colonials.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

If the recent weather in Sydney is an indicator of how cold it'll be on the other side of the Ranges, I'll be thankful for my new thermal pants.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:
MrE wrote: Paul - make sure you remember to wear pants that day mate, okay?
Regards,
Ellis.
Australian pants that keep my legs warm or English pants that keep my gonads where they should be? All pants are not the same to you colonials.
I see little point in responding given that:
(a) its already obviously too complex for you; and
(b) in ten minutes you'll have likely forgotten anyway.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'll have a chat to my gorgeous wife tonight. Now she knows that Ellis will be attending I expect she'll be in. This means bleeding my brakes in the next day or so. Again! Does anyone else have this problem?

I wanted to do this drive again for a year or so now. Bar the long weekend fests we have had this drive has been my all time favourite. Brilliant views and a very long endless downhill straight where Paul hit worp factor 9. I cannot imagine Paul not remembering the incredible freedom associated with the back road to Goulbourn but then again, Ellis and Ben always had the brains and looks.

Hey, I'm positive I saw Peter and Sandy in Merrimbula some weeks ago, mayhaps with their son? Was that you Pete and Sandy??
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Dropped Gertie into the mechanics this morning to get the brakes done. Pretty sure that I have a leak somewhere in a line as brake fluid on my garage floor.

If she is fixed by Friday afternoon I'm on the run. If not, will miss this one. Here's hoping.

josh
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

How'd you go with your brakes? Will you be coming next weekend?
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I thought it was this week. rushed around like a mad idiot, got the car back at 9.30am Saturday morning and called Ellis to say "wait, I'm on my way!" He said, "you're mad bro, it's next week!".

Well, brakes ready. We just all need to put up with double demerrit points as will be a long weekend. So keep an eye on the speedo guys.

See all next Saturday morning. She pulls to the left under hard braking but after 35 years, probably needs a complete brake re-build. Does now have brakes however. A wash and I'm ready.

Josh
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Josh, you're a

a) goose
b) wally
c) idiot

chose the most appropriate :D

What's the story with your brakes pulling? That sounds a bit of a worry to me considering where we are going!
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I choose (b).

don't know why they are pulling. Right calliper rebuilt but pulling to the left. Go figure.

Remember, double demerrits!!!! Go slow....er.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hey Josh. Cruise is this weekend.

Cops will all be at Jindabyne.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

All is looking well for this weekend's big cruise to Oberon. Weather forecast is cold but clear & sunny. Thank goodness I've got those awesome sheepskin car seat covers.

If you've got walkie talkies gents, please remember to charge them and bring them.
markh

Post by markh »

Ellis - will the video be rolling? You do such good video work and we love our little mini-vacations of your part of the world.

Best - Mark
1988 ///M Zinno/Lotus 70K miles
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

all good to go. See all tomorrow morning. Ellis, can Rosie borrow a sheep skin cover??

Josh