Recaro sports seats...

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mark E

Recaro sports seats...

Post by Mark E »

...and while us Aussies are busy posting stuff in the wrong sections of the forum, [-X ... :D

Welcome Brian.

I too am after something - & I did put this in the Wanted to Buy section! But as the subject suggests I'm trying to track down a pair of manual Recaro sports seats.

Yeah I know - like hen's teeth!

But I thought someone might know of a set somewhere.

In a perfect world scenario they'd be in good condition; Parchment leather & reasonably priced. But I'm open to all possibilities.

Send me a PM or those that have my number from our Sharkfests, feel free to call the moblie.

Speaking of Sharkfests... me thinks it's time for another one. Any takers?

Cheers...

BTW - am running the old girl in the Car Club Tour section of the upcomg Targa Adelaide Rally. Should be a bit of a blast without having to go the whole hog on safety gear etc.
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Never come across a set here. You may need to import.

Must have photos of targa.

Oh, in preparing your 6'er for targa, this is a must have! You will surely look the part even if you do not go fast!! :)

http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/style-c ... p-517.html

josh
Paul Humpage

Re: Recaro sports seats...

Post by Paul Humpage »

Mark E wrote:...and while us Aussies are busy posting stuff in the wrong sections of the forum, [-X ... :D

Welcome Brian.

I too am after something - & I did put this in the Wanted to Buy section! But as the subject suggests I'm trying to track down a pair of manual Recaro sports seats.

Yeah I know - like hen's teeth!

But I thought someone might know of a set somewhere.

In a perfect world scenario they'd be in good condition; Parchment leather & reasonably priced. But I'm open to all possibilities.

Send me a PM or those that have my number from our Sharkfests, feel free to call the moblie.

Speaking of Sharkfests... me thinks it's time for another one. Any takers?

Cheers...

BTW - am running the old girl in the Car Club Tour section of the upcomg Targa Adelaide Rally. Should be a bit of a blast without having to go the whole hog on safety gear etc.
Easter next year is from friday the 29th of March onwards. The previous weekend would be a good time before double demerits and all that nonsense begins and those of us able could take the rest of the week off as we sometimes do. Somewhere in the usual NSW/Vic border would be excellent i reckon with some time up in the mountains.

Best of luck with the seats and with the Targa. Don't crash.

Regards
Paul
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Hey Josh? that is one serious bonnet and a cool way to shed a few unwanted kilos! If I get serious about this rally stuff in the sixer, I might actually consider it. But an engine rebuild has to come first. :cry:

And yes, Targa photo?s will be forth coming.

But one thing I?ve been wanting to update for a while are my sway bars ? front & rear. Now I had a conversation some time ago with the Selby guy in Sydney that I understand did the bars for you and ?Team Serco? and I?d like him to do the same for me. But he seems to have a sketchy memory of it and wants my old bars as templates.

But seeing he did them for you guys already, I?m left asking why he needs them. Did he not keep a template on file? But if he does need some, is there anyway you or Alan could provide him any old ones as a reference? Adelaide is such a long way (from anywhere!) and the bars on your cars are the same as mine.

I have a vague recollection that either you or Alan are somewhere near this guy ? or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

It?d be great if you could, because there doesn?t seem to be anywhere else that has any experience of making ?performance? versions of the bars for these early 6?ers.

Let me know if it?s a possibility.

Many thanks?
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Hey Paul? yeah, looking forward to Targa ? as long as the car holds up! She?s getting a bit long in the tooth now... 325,000 k?s on the original motor. :cry:

We don?t take part in all 4 days of competition, just a couple where we ?cruise? through the closed stages in a ?non competitive? fashion... yeah right! We also do a blast around the night super special stage that?s been set up in the Adelaide Showgrounds for the benefit of the local crowds.

There?s also classic car displays and street parties that we?re involved with, so it?s good value for a bit of fun and wank factor. I even get to put stickers on the car and everything? :lol:

Now, Sharkfest 2013? the weekend before Easter is a good suggestion. I agree with keeping it clear of public holiday weekends etc, but I wonder if two weekends away in row might be a bit much for some people.

The other issue I have is I work at the Clipsal 500 each year and that?s a full weekend away from the family for me as well. So I wouldn?t be popular. The dates are yet to be locked in, but possibilities are March 2 & 3 or that weekend of March 23 & 24! The V8?s Supercars won?t confirm those dates until around October.

We could push it to April 6 & 7 and still have nice weather, noting that school holidays start April 12.

And do we do Albury/Wodonga again? Good variety of roads and destinations. Or maybe somewhere else along the river?

So let?s see what others think.

Cheers?
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Serco

sway bars

Post by Serco »

Hello Mark
I have the original bars so I could give them to Selby for matching.
Will measure what dimensions we went to and let you know.
Are you sure the ends are the same as our early 633's?
Sharkfest anywhere sounds great.
Regards,
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I heard from Greg that the place in Tarn Point where we got the sway bars has closed down. So no help there.

Can measure if needed.

josh
Serco

Sway bars

Post by Serco »

I believe he has set up in Nowra.
Will find out.
Allan