Have you Aus guys tried this stuff

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Ozibimmer

Have you Aus guys tried this stuff

Post by Ozibimmer »

I tried this stuff for the first time with amazing results have a look
viewtopic.php?p=136883#136883
$13.95 for a bottle at Supercheap Auto
Hope this helps someone like it did for me.
Cheers
Addam
dick635

Post by dick635 »

I had a look at Wiki an found this:
Rust removal

Phosphoric acid may be used as a "rust converter", by direct application to rusted iron, steel tools, or surfaces. The phosphoric acid converts reddish-brown iron(III) oxide, Fe2O3 (rust) to black ferric phosphate, FePO4.

"Rust converter" is sometimes a greenish liquid suitable for dipping (in the same sort of acid bath as is used for pickling metal), but it is more often formulated as a gel, commonly called naval jelly. It is sometimes sold under other names, such as "rust remover" or "rust killer". As a thick gel, it may be applied to sloping, vertical, or even overhead surfaces.

After treatment, the black ferric-phosphate coating can be scrubbed off, leaving a fresh metal surface. Multiple applications of phosphoric acid may be required to remove all rust. The black phosphate coating can also be left in place, where it will provide moderate further corrosion resistance (such protection is also provided by the superficially similar Parkerizing and blued electrochemical conversion coating processes).

I'm wondering if it could be used safely to clear clogged radiators and/or heater cores. "Naval Jelly" should be easy enough to find(?). Has anyone tried this? My 400,000 km A4 needs a new heater core (7.3 hours R&R!).

Dick
88 M6
91 850 - modified
13 Volkswagen R -daily driver

ANY engine will fit into ANY car if dropped from a sufficient height and the landing is cushioned with sufficient money.