January Run - Get Together

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Josh that's really poor form - you've had four months to get your shit together! What gives?

Speaking of poor form, I'm out. My weekends are fully booked out between now and end of June as I'm preparing for an epic adventure on bike from Sydney to Ayers Rock via Lake Eyre (and the Oodnadatta Track). Bit of a last minute decision actually - only came up with the plan and found a riding partner on Thursday. I'm very excited!

Anyway I know that regardless of mode of transport you'll all have a great day.
Last edited by hoadie on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Sigh
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

What's a Renault?
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

hoadie wrote:Josh that's really poor form - you've had four months to get your shit together! What gives?

Speaking of poor form, I'm out. My weekends are fully booked out between now and end of June as I'm preparing for an epic adventure on bike from Sydney to Ayers Rock via Lake Eyre (and the Oodnadatta Track). Bit of a last minute decision actually - only came up with the plan and found a riding partner on Thursday. I'm very excited!

Anyway I know that regardless of mode of transport you'll all have a great day.
Went past my old mechanics this morning and he did not look too busy. I'll call in there this afternoon and see if he has time this week to put the new master cylinder in and bleed the brakes. True, tis poor form so I'll shape up.

Sounds like a fantastic trip Ben. How long will she take?
orlando

Post by orlando »

Guys, It is with much regret, I have to inform you that I will not be able to make it this Saturday as I am required in Perth for work.

As always, I was very much looking forward to seeing you guys but it is not going to be the case this time.

Hope you have a great time and will keep an eye on all the pictures Ellis and Paul (and everyone else for this mater) will post of the drive.

Orlando.
aussie_bronzit
1985 M635CSI Right Hand Drive
M88 engine not S38
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Sorry to hear we will miss you again Orlando. Good luck with work.

My car is currently with the mechanics. My new brake booster does not fit. Go figure. Still, one more day for some magic or the Renault it is. Ellis just loves the way my car squats and blows smoke when she accelerates so we are trying hard.

8am breakfast will be great however. I can taste the "Big Breakfast" now. Bacon, sausages, eggs over easy (not to be confused with Ellis's overtaking maneuver which is also called "over easy") hash browns and baked beans. Window down driving if ever there was such!!!!

Josh
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Not happy, need to be in Mudgee tomorrow so can't make it.
Drive safely, will be in for the next run.
Josh, keep waving the 633 flag.
Regards,
Allan ( Team Serco)
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Sorry to hear Allan. Would have been good to catch up. My 633 appears to be a starter. Just had a call from the mechanic, brakes working and car in garage at mid day. Will wash quickly tonight and then I'm right to go. See all tomorrow at the caf? for breakfast.

Josh
garyw51

Post by garyw51 »

Sorry but I cannot make the run. Started the car this afternoon to check that all is well BUT discovered a split fuel line (the one that runs into the fuel rail). I made a temporary repair but cannot trust it over that distance. Pity because I was looking forward to meeting other 6 owners. This would have been the last run before the car goes onto historic rego. Hopefully next time. Have fun everyone!
garyw51
1980 635;
1980 e12 M535; 1986 e28M535
82 e21 Oz Alpina; 82 e21 Baur
Ozibimmer

Post by Ozibimmer »

Man I wish I could be there, Let me know when you guys want to head up towards the Gold coast way I have atleast 4 of us that will drive to coffs to catch up.
Cheers
Addam
PS lots of pics please
79 E24 633CSi
80 E24 635CSi
82 E24 635csi Race Car Build (Schnitzer Replica) viewtopic.php?t=21792
82 E28 JPS (1 of 2 Ever Built)
85 E30 JPS
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

As James Taylor so eloquently put it; "Isn't it nice to be home again"

Great day, thanks Josh.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Short and sweet as i took hardly any photos.

Josh and Steve

Ellis and Steve

Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

was a great day. Was good to catch up with Steve, Ellis and Paul.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I think we had an excellent day. The route through Kangaroo Valley is always entertaining and our group of four cut through it like heroes. Plenty of pace, no-one got lost or missed a turn-off, country breakfast & the 'best' fish & chips on the south coast, I can't think of anything that didn't go well.

Thanks fellas, I've put some pics in the Gallery-

viewtopic.php?t=20595

StephenW

Post by StephenW »

It was a great day. Perfect weather and for the most part, very little in the way of mobile road blocks. It would be hard to imagine getting a better run on the Kings Hwy. The South Coast forests surely make a great backdrop.