Berowra to Wisemans Ferry Sunday 30th November

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Berowra to Wisemans Ferry Sunday 30th November

Post by Paul Humpage »

We'll have a run around the northern parts of this fine city on the 30th of November. Meet here in the large carpark just off Gully Road in Berowra

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sadd ... =UTF8&z=18

10 a.m for a 10.30 departure. The roundabout route took me just over an hour on a recce run but traffic was very light and the ferry at Berowra was waiting for me which was rather nice. Sunday drivers and us probably pulling off for photos and things should give us a good hour and a half or more to amble our way up to Wisemans.

I suggest a picnic lunch as there aren't many bbqs in the big park by the river and if we all bring something cold it means we can just crash on the grass somewhere in the shade of a tree. Hometime when everybody wants to head off.

Weather and traffic permitting it should be a nice leisurely run.

Anything i've forgotten just ask away

Regards
Paul
Last edited by Paul Humpage on Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

I have 2 weeks off starting on the 15th. I'll be moving house at the start of this (further west unfortunately) If I can tear myself away from the pool nestled in the trees out the back I reckon I'll show up. 8)
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

C'mon red sixers! We'll have to outnumber all those other weird coloured ones at least once this year!

Count me in - any Sunday is good!

Cheers.

Alex
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Goodo. I'm leaning towards the last sunday so Ben can be recovered from his Perth trip and make it. It would be great to have the 3 red 6ers together.

I'll leave this another week to see if anyone else pipes up with a preference and then make a new thread.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

The last Sunday should be good by me. Most of the roads are all foreign to me too, which is cool, its good to be able to check out places I haven't been before and have someone lead you the way.

I look forward to the sunshine and the sunroof and the passers-by in the streets yelling "Your car's shit!"
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'd be keen subject to getting the 633 on historic plates in time. Saturdays are better for me but as I'm a noob I'm happy to fit in where I can.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote:I'd be keen subject to getting the 633 on historic plates in time. Saturdays are better for me but as I'm a noob I'm happy to fit in where I can.
It'll be great if you can make this run. Normally we have the runs on saturdays but to help out those who have to work saturdays and this being a shortish run then we thought sunday would be the go for a change.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I've edited the first post as a date and destination are sorted :D
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Looks like I'll be deprived of internet access in the new house for all of my holidays (2 weeks) *twitch* So I've printed everything out and should be good to go for this one barring any unforeseen faults with the 6er *fingers crossed*
See ya then fellas.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Aussie_6er wrote:Looks like I'll be deprived of internet access in the new house for all of my holidays (2 weeks) *twitch* So I've printed everything out and should be good to go for this one barring any unforeseen faults with the 6er *fingers crossed*
See ya then fellas.
Any problems Greg give us a bell on 0413 047 068. See you on the day hopefully.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I should be right for this one. Count me in.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I should be right for this one. Count me in.
Good man! It will be great to have the 3 red 6ers together.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Bumpittty bump with just over a week to go

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Out of interest, how far is this cruise and what time will it be finished? I need to be home in time for Australian Idle/Make me a Supermodle/Australia's Most Wanted.

Also, are there any hills? My car only has 4 gears so I'm not sure it will make it. Fuel usage is an issue too, I need to know if I can do this trip on less than 1/4 of a tank.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:Out of interest, how far is this cruise and what time will it be finished? I need to be home in time for Australian Idle/Make me a Supermodle/Australia's Most Wanted.

Also, are there any hills? My car only has 4 gears so I'm not sure it will make it. Fuel usage is an issue too, I need to know if I can do this trip on less than 1/4 of a tank.
I suppose you'll want snow too, right?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Out of interest, how far is this cruise and what time will it be finished? I need to be home in time for Australian Idle/Make me a Supermodle/Australia's Most Wanted.

No worries. You will be able to manage all of the above and more. Much more.

Here's a rough root for the day

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sadd ... e=UTF8&z=5
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

amibuggnu wrote:

Can you arrange it? Be great if you could cos I haven't seen snow since 2005.

MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:
amibuggnu wrote:

Can you arrange it? Be great if you could cos I haven't seen snow since 2005.
This is your neck of the woods mate. You're the one who should be organising spectacular weather for me.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

You make a valid point. I've spoken to the powers that be and the weather will be spectacular.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

The views will be very similar too. I think ben took that photo around Windsor road way and we'll be nearly parallel to that but with the river.

Current forcast for Sunday is fine and 26 degrees. We shall find a shady spot to eat no doubt but still a hat is an important edition to the day. Not only for shading our skin but also for style, we don't want to look like a bunch of old tramps Ellis.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

How timely. I've just bought a new hat and my tuxedo should be back from the drycleaners by Thursday. I look forward to winning an award of some sort.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:How timely. I've just bought a new hat and my tuxedo should be back from the drycleaners by Thursday. I look forward to winning an award of some sort.
Perhaps the Ben Hoad award for the snappiest dresser?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:
amibuggnu wrote:How timely. I've just bought a new hat and my tuxedo should be back from the drycleaners by Thursday. I look forward to winning an award of some sort.
Depends. Is this a highly sought after award recognising excellence in achievement, or is it just a token lump of plastic designed to do nothing other than encourage participation?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:
Depends. Is this a highly sought after award recognising excellence in achievement, or is it just a token lump of plastic designed to do nothing other than encourage participation?
Yes.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

The theme will be bucolic. That allows a rather large scope