New Wheels, Sway Bars & Springs

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Shipper 01

New Wheels, Sway Bars & Springs

Post by Shipper 01 »

I picked up the brand new 17x8.5 BBS alloys late on Saturday.

My business partner and I had just visited Peter Simms. I have to say that Peter has the best early 635 I have ever seen and a CSL to die for. With luck Peter will be on our next drive. With even more luck I can get a good front spoiler from him for Gerite (at those special mates rates we all look for). Seriously, if you are thinking of getting engine or body work for your 635, 633 or any beamer, visit Peter. I cannot wait to see his 635 on our next drive. The man is an old school crafstman and engine builder second to none. Did I mention his 635 puts out around 385hp?

Wheels and tires on over the next three weeks. Front and rear sways and as soon as the wheels are on, front and rear springs. I'm sick of Elis taking pictures of me stuck in a tree!

Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Geez Josh... Gertie just won't ever be the same again!

385 bhp from his 635???!! What the hell has he done to it?

Maybe Peter is the man I need to talk to about a performance engine rebuild for my early 635.

Do you have his contact details?

Thanks...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
ozbmw

Post by ozbmw »

Beautiful wheels the BBS RC, they will make a huge difference.
I assume you will run 235/45 tyres.
I would suggest that you get non directional tread pattern tyres to minimize tramlining. Bridgestone Adrenalin would be my choice for those.
You may also find these will test your control arm bushes ability to control them.

What swaybars are you getting? I just fitted the Whiteline 24mm BF34X to the front of mine and love the stability into and out of corners.

Looking forward to seeing the BBS on your car.
Matt @ Snowy Mountains of Australia
http://bigcoupe.com/members/ozbmw
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Peter is actually a member here and is known as BMM635, so you can pm him. Yes he would be the man to do your engine rebuild or to find, should you not be worried about matching numbers, a 24v to put in it.

Peter's 635 is an 82 and just won the NSW BMW Drivers Club best in show 77-89. It has a 3.7l special part 24v M6 engine in it. He did all of the work himself and it is a work of art. His E9 3.0 CSL looks like it has come off of the showroom floor.

I'll pm his contact number to you. I'm searching for a big engine this year and if my business partner has no time to put it in (he said he'd work on it while I was there so that I need to put the hard yards in as well) then I'd feel confident that Peter would do an incredible job.

I'll put 235/45 on the car and put on the same sway bars Team Serco has, as said shop is 7 shops down from my busines spartners workshop. We have the front springs from Peter MacNamaras racing CSL but need to get a set of rears as the E9 CSL did not have coil-overs and Gertie does.

Gertie will never be the same. She was destined for scrapping or wrapping around a tree by an 18 year old. It may take years but I'd love to turn her into something special. Wheels and suspension are really a must if I'm to stay on the black stuff while following you lot! Control arm bushes are really tight but a change in the suspension will shake things up. I'll check it all again a few months after a few hard drives.