TRX Tires Not So Bad

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wogden700

Re: TRX Tires Not So Bad

Post by wogden700 »

I can confirm that a new set of 390 TRX are just under $1600 when you include shipping and install as of March 2019. When I bought the car it was 1000 miles away and needed new rubber for the drive home. It was quicker, easier and overall cheaper to get a new set of TRXs than to find a good set of rims and tires and have them shipped and installed. I love the bottlecaps, and I have grown to love TRXs they are very quiet, ride exceptionally and have excellent grip. I have put over 5000 miles on the tires and they have no tread wear issues I can see. Can they compete with a modern tire on the track? I dont know, but highway, mountains and streets they are great.
The car is not concours level, but is almost 100% original and does very well in the super clean class. When it comes time for a new set I dont know what I will do. I may consider a style 5 wheel, or possibly a custom 17 with bottlecap center, or maybe I'll just get another set of TRXs.
1985 635CSi Diamondblack/Llama
1991 750iL (sold)
mark22

Re: TRX Tires Not So Bad

Post by mark22 »

I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of TRX through Coker soon. Is there any one else who may be interested in attempting a group buy?
1987 M6 pre 6/87