Turn signal indicator and SI board

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jlc

Turn signal indicator and SI board

Post by Jlc »

My turn signal switch does not shut off so I am guessing the little catch is broken. I have the OBC remote but don’t really care one way or the other. Will a non OBC remote switch fit and work?

I am replacing the broken gears for the odometer and plan to check my SI board. I get the service indicator light when I start the car, so I am guessing the board is still OK. I plan to replace the batteries as a preventative measure, any suggestions for replacements now that RS is a distant memory?
85 635CSi Bronzit
Jlc

Re: Turn signal indicator and SI board

Post by Jlc »

Pulled the dash to fix the busted odometer. As an engineering nerd, I enjoyed observing the engineering while as the son of a mechanic cursed the engineer who decided to go with plastic instead of brass; probably a bean counter decision.

As a plus, discovered the previous owner put in a Programma SI board so the cash for that I saved went to a Miller MAF and chip.

Still trying to figure out what the turn signal doesn’t reset even thought the reset nib is intact and works fine when I tested it with the steering wheel off.

Also discovered I have a limited slip differential and sport seats.

Trying to decide if I want to replace the working auto with a manual.As someone who feels only real Bimmers have manual (not just round taillights) my gut says yes, as someone who drives around town a lot, my sensible side say, source the parts, hide them in storage until the auto dies.
85 635CSi Bronzit
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Jlc, I don't have any input for you, but I'm going to move your thread to the "Interior" forum, seems that it would be more appropriate there :-k

Good luck getting things sorted [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
tom635

Post by tom635 »

Hey folks - just doing some research for myself.

I'm new to E24 ownership and my SI lights do not light up - but I'm not sure if that is because they were reset when I bought the car...or if the batteries have gone (which I suspect is likely).

Can you confirm that the SI lights come on when starting the car, regardless of the last time they were reset?
‘84 635csi