Sunroof liner fabric repair / reattach

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jlc

Sunroof liner fabric repair / reattach

Post by Jlc »

Any ideas on how to reattach the sunroof liner at the rear? Mine is lose all around the back edge and hanging down.
85 635CSi Bronzit
Russm21

Re: Sunroof liner fabric repair / reattach

Post by Russm21 »

Jlc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 pm Any ideas on how to reattach the sunroof liner at the rear? Mine is lose all around the back edge and hanging down.
I recently dealt with this.

The only way to fix this is to remove the sunroof liner and reattach the material. To do this, the sunroof must be removed to get to the liner and frame. If yours is anything like mine was, the backing on the headliner material was totally disintegrated and flaking off. As such, I had to remove the headliner and clean all the loose stuff off of it then glue it back on. It's not a particularly difficult job. However, the sunroof reattachment and alignment can be pain.

I hope this helps.

Russell
Russell
1989 E30 325ic
1986 E24 635CSi
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

If removing the head liner to do this, why not buy a new one? GAHH has them in a variety of textures and colors. I bought one and am very pleased with it
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Jlc

Post by Jlc »

bpoliakoff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:26 pm If removing the head liner to do this, why not buy a new one? GAHH has them in a variety of textures and colors. I bought one and am very pleased with it
Thanks for the suggestion but I am just reattachning the sunroof liner. All of the cloth is in great shape so no reason to open that can of worms.
85 635CSi Bronzit