OBC troubles. Solved thanks to...

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

knunger

OBC troubles. Solved thanks to...

Post by knunger »

Some dude named Norm Grills.

Searching this site for at least an hour trying to find why my OBC is dead I came across a site by Norm Grills that showed a photo of an opened OBC box and a fuse location. Pulled my box, found the fuse and sure as shit the fuse was blown. (it was a 0.25A x 250V fuse. Grills talks about it being a 0.1A x 250 V fuse?? The 0.25A is the same as in my VOM so I put in one of those. Should I source some 0.1A fuses or not to worry?)

Does Bentley mention this? No.
Does any e24 ETM show this? No.

Thank all of you that persist in keeping this site and it's archives alive. You are helping me keep my '83 euro 635CSi alive.

Donation to bigcoupe.com incoming!
KINGJOHN808

Re: OBC troubles. Solved thanks to...

Post by KINGJOHN808 »

knunger wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:02 am Some dude named Norm Grills.

Searching this site for at least an hour trying to find why my OBC is dead I came across a site by Norm Grills that showed a photo of an opened OBC box and a fuse location. Pulled my box, found the fuse and sure as shit the fuse was blown. (it was a 0.25A x 250V fuse. Grills talks about it being a 0.1A x 250 V fuse?? The 0.25A is the same as in my VOM so I put in one of those. Should I source some 0.1A fuses or not to worry?)

Does Bentley mention this? No.
Does any e24 ETM show this? No.

Thank all of you that persist in keeping this site and it's archives alive. You are helping me keep my '83 euro 635CSi alive.

Donation to bigcoupe.com incoming!
Aloha! How did you get the OBC out? From what I understand I have to remove the center console, radio and surround that goes on the emergency brake and window switches.

Have tried it yet, just want to make sure that I do it correctly and with little “fuss” as possible. Lots of things to go wrong/break on a 38 year old car.

Mahalo’z.
Ewa Kai, Hawai’i
1984 633CSi
1983 633CSi (wreckers)

“Aloha and have a great day!”
knunger

Post by knunger »

KINGJOHN808 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:22 am

Aloha! How did you get the OBC out? From what I understand I have to remove the center console, radio and surround that goes on the emergency brake and window switches.

Have tried it yet, just want to make sure that I do it correctly and with little “fuss” as possible. Lots of things to go wrong/break on a 38 year old car.

Mahalo’z.

Yes, unfortunately. And it is not really a "fuss", it's more of a nightmare!
Good Luck!
KINGJOHN808

Post by KINGJOHN808 »

knunger wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:43 pm
KINGJOHN808 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:22 am

Mahalo’z.

Yes, unfortunately. And it is not really a "fuss", it's more of a nightmare!
Good Luck!
Hahaha. Yep, was quite the nightmare getting it apart. I’m amazed everytime I do something to it with this car just how well made they are. Almost like your not supposed to take them apart. 🤣

After several beers and lots of “I don’t know what the hell im doing”, finally brute forced the center console out of its place. Wanted to do some AC work while I have it all apart but don’t know if I have the patience to get it done.

The AC may be for another time as long as the windows and the sunroof are operating. 🤣

Aloha’z.
Ewa Kai, Hawai’i
1984 633CSi
1983 633CSi (wreckers)

“Aloha and have a great day!”