What is the part number?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

jsspagg

What is the part number?

Post by jsspagg »

1980 Euro 635.... currently under restoration. Just had rust repairs completed and did the sunroof drain hose extension so water drains outside the sills/rocker panel. See https://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 24#p232647

During this task, I noticed the rubber grommet that fits into the body side of the door jamb is deteriorated and needs replacing. I have scoured realoem.com and was not able to locate a part number. The closest thing I could find was the wiring assembly for the mirrors with the grommet as part of the wiring assembly. See parts diagram red circled item. Not sure if this is the correct item.

Can I just purchase the rubber bits?
Is anyone aware of a part number?

any other feedback?

Thanks!
Attachments
07.jpg
07.jpg (96.29 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (70.44 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
1980 635 Euro
Under restoration
Jlc

Re: What is the part number?

Post by Jlc »

My guess it is not sold individually simply because the wire is cheap and it is easier to replace that rather than try to fit a grommet. On solution might be to by a regular grommet from an electrical supply / hobby shop and fit it over the wire and into the hole. If the ID is a little to big in order to fit over teh plug a little rubber tape could be wrapped around the cable too make it thicker to seal it at the door
85 635CSi Bronzit
jsspagg

Post by jsspagg »

Jlc- yeah pretty much what I was thinking- obtain a generic one through McMaster Carr.
1980 635 Euro
Under restoration
marc79euro645

Post by marc79euro645 »

silicone in the tube
633_Dream

Post by 633_Dream »