Taillight bulb holder removal.

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jlc

Taillight bulb holder removal.

Post by Jlc »

I am pulling the bulb holders from a spare set of Euro front turn signal buckets to put in the open tailight spot in the rear. The holder came out easily once I found the holding clip, but for the life of me cannot remove the metal strip that contacts the bulb center pin. It wiggles but something is preventing it from coming out.

Any suggestions?
85 635CSi Bronzit
marc79euro645

Re: Taillight bulb holder removal.

Post by marc79euro645 »

I was just looking at mine 2 days ago. I think that elctrode is cast or glued to the plastic case. Probably easier to start over with universal bulb holder.
Jlc

Post by Jlc »

Thanks. It's just a small piece of brass that I could make from stock, but the existing hole just needs to be reamed out to fit a universal holder so I may just do that. Plus, I then have a set of functional Euro buckets as well. May just resilver those and run wires.
85 635CSi Bronzit
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by rhanley 635csi89 »

I've added the additional brake lights. A universal bulb socket did not work out well for me. I proceeded to order BMW rear tail brake sockets from Ralph, with a little work they're in and looks as it came from the BMW factory as OE. Roger
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
AlpineWeiss II (218)/Natur(0200)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold