FS: Damaged 1982 Euro 635CSI (Early Series II)

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jerry635CSI

FS: Damaged 1982 Euro 635CSI (Early Series II)

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Hi everybody. This is a sad moment for me becouse I am selling my project which I kept for the last five years, but I will soon need a space in my garage, so the car must go :(

It is the first time for me to sell something internationally, I am not very good in English language, but I hope we will understand eachother anyway. On the other hand I like to write, so I will provide you all informations about the car I own, from technical details to history. Anyway, when I mentioned history, that is a bit of a secret to me. The car has a very interesting serial number (VIN), last four numbers are 0007, so I believe it was one of the very first units produced in the second series. I was trying to trace its history checking VIN number but no success, becouse VIN decoders can not find anything. If you want to try your luck, complete VIN number is WBAEC810508180007.

That's about numbers, now a few words about the history that I know. I live in a small Eastern European country called Slovenia. I bought the car from my friend, who imported it from Germany back in 2013. Germany is close to Slovenia, so we import a lot of cars from there, but not a lot of Sharks. My friend had a special desire to own a car like this, so one day his dreams came true. When he bought it, it was in good general condition, but raw and unrestored. In the following few years, he restored it completely. The car was completely stripped and reassembled to the smallest part, all the bits and pieces was restored. As far as I know, only the engine was not open becouse there was no need for that. When he finished his project, he couldn't wait to try the car, so he registered it and drove it around a little, even though it was not 100% finished (the only thing missing was the chrome trim on the front bumper). He managed to get registration anyway and hit the road, happy becouse he was finally driving his dreams. He was driving like this for a few months and than something terrible happened, he was too fast on one corner, so he slipped form the road and crashed the car - freshly restored, not even 100% completed and with only a few 100 kilometers after the complete renovation! ](*,)

So, that's the sad story. After the crash, he originally planned to restore the car once again, but he later changed his mind becouse he didn't want to go thru all the work once more. I came to see it, I bought it and I put it into the dry garage, where it is standing since. Luckily the car was hit into the front A pillar, so it did not sustain any major injuries to the mechanics, with the exeption of the right front wheel area, which I easily fixed. I just fixed it temporarily so I can drive a little to check if something major is damaged on the mechanics, I didn't find anything. Only the water cooler is leaking so I didn't run the engine very long, I don't want it to overheat. Everything else seems to be working normally - I mean the mechanics of course, the shell is totaled.

Okay, that's about the damage. You will see more when I share some pictures. There is one more thing I want to mention, that's the optional equipment of the car. Since VIN is still a mystery to me I don't know what came from the factory originally. But the fact is, this Shark is quite loaded now. He has almost every option available at that time or at least the most desirable ones, such as Sport Seats, Manual Gearbox, Limited Slip Diferrential (LSD) and even AC! I know that was nothing special for USA market Sharks back in the day, but it was a very rare equipmet in Europe, especially in the early days of production... this Shark has it all! :D

Well that's it for now. I don't want to be too long, after all it only supposed to be an advert, not a book :lol: Now I will try to post some pictures, I never did it on this forum before, hopefully I will succeed. Since this is the advert I also need to set the price, let it be 6.500 eur. For that amount I am willing to part from my project. Oh one more thing, Shark is only for sale as a whole, I am not selling it by pieces. Potential buyer needs to organise transport, I can only help loading it. Of course there is no guarantee about the condition, it is a damaged car after all, but I will welcome everybody who comes to see it in person. Or provide a lot of pictures, so you can see what you are buying. You can contact me here in this topic or you can write on my email adress [email protected] . I will be glad to answer anyone, except some scammers, of course :mrgreen: Feel free to write and ask :wink:
Jerry635CSI

Re: FS: Damaged 1982 Euro 635CSI (Early Series II)

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Here are some pictures:
Attachments
bb9.jpg
bb9.jpg (129.37 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
bb10.jpg
bb10.jpg (124.89 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Some more pictures:
Attachments
bb1.jpg
bb1.jpg (130.41 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
bb2.jpg
bb2.jpg (188.36 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
bb3.jpg
bb3.jpg (203.5 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
bb4.jpg
bb4.jpg (167.77 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

And more:
Attachments
bb5.jpg
bb5.jpg (150.8 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
bb6.jpg
bb6.jpg (134.95 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
bb7.jpg
bb7.jpg (123.43 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
bb8.jpg
bb8.jpg (279.01 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

Such a shame! It was a great looking shark! :(
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

635sharknose wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:13 pm Such a shame! It was a great looking shark! :(
Yes it was, I can not imagine how much effort my friend put in it and it ended up like this :| Unfortunately, body is damaged beyond repair, but if someone has a good shell, all parts can be relatively easily transferred there, since virtually nothing is missing. I even have another extra rear bumper, I will give it to the buyer, so everything is there except the shell. Oh, and the dashboard... it just flew thru the front window together with the window in the moment of impact, so there is no more dashboard as well 8-[ Good thing is the cluster survived, plastic is broken but it's working perfectly, if I remember correctly all the clocks work :-)
Speed007

Post by Speed007 »

Jerry - was a nice SHARK. If you decide to part it out - I would be interested in the 2 ASS front seats. Let me know: [email protected]
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Speed007 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:09 pm Jerry - was a nice SHARK. If you decide to part it out - I would be interested in the 2 ASS front seats. Let me know: [email protected]
Yepp. At this moment parting out is not an option but if things change, I will let you know :)
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

New price: 6.000 eur
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

Ouch..that was a hard hit
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Slownrusty wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:34 pm Ouch..that was a hard hit
Sure it was but luckily my friend didn't suffer any injuries, he came out unharmed :)
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

Any offers?