Back on the road! (nearly)

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Caff

Back on the road! (nearly)

Post by Caff »

Well my plans for conquering europe in May are ruined because covid-19 beat me to it! ](*,) But at least my car is ready for an MOT!!! She aint perfect, a little rough around the edges so there are plenty of little jobs and the odd bit to sort out i know. haha.

ImageIMG_8889 by Tom Caffry, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8899 by Tom Caffry, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8908 by Tom Caffry, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8912 by Tom Caffry, on Flickr
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Back on the road! (nearly)

Post by baders »

Looking good Tom !
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Agreed. love the seats, entire interior actually =D>

Need more info, what model (love the 628 plate as well \:D/ ) wheels, etc. [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Caff

Post by Caff »

Thanks guys!

shes a 1984 628CSi manual!
The wheels and tyres are MK Motorsport in 17x8.5 et13 (235 40 17) and 17x10 et20 255 40 17.

Car has had all the rust cut out and a replaced with metal and a full respray
Lowered on BCRacing Coilovers, full fritzbits exhaust system, Nardi steering wheel mtech rear boot spoiler and a lot of refurbished parts under the car, full rear subframe has been done with powerflex roll centre adjusters, all new bushes in the subframe, drop links, pitman arms, new handbrake cables, mechanism, discs pads, back dust plate thing, caliper rebuilt and painted.

Front end has had all new arms on the suspension, new tie rods, new back plates, pads, discs, caliper rebuilt and painted,.

all sorts of new seals and bits on the widows. New door handles (the painter broke my chrome ones :evil: ) its had a new radiator, alternator, water pump, fan, fan clutch. new ignition box after i goosed the original.

future plans are to build my spare m30b28 up and install ITBS! That's a project i will undertake in a year or two.
Caff

Post by Caff »

Well I have managed to get 130 miles on it since I last posted, no real issues yet. The side windows on the doors are being a pain to set up, the diff has a slight weep. I think I may need new drive shafts also. I also found a couple of loose bolts but all in all nothing major really.

Anyone got any ideas where to find high quality shafts for an e28 based car?