Rear ABS Sensors!! Oh MY!

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rear ABS Sensors!! Oh MY!

Post by Masked Man »

Hello fellow crazies!

Ivo Christov, who is in The Netherlands, has contracted with a company in china and is producing ABS sensors for both the front AND rear to fit our automobiles. (type II E24's at this point) I know Ivo and he's an honest guy who is working hard to serve the E28/E24 community. Here is a link: Oh, I have ZERO stake in this enterprise. Just passing along the info:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E28-E24-AB ... SwsJFe8e3C

Keep the shiny side UP

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Rear ABS Sensors!! Oh MY!

Post by ron »

Rears are only for pre’86 cars.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

That's a great piece of info. Phillip. All the sensors are getting harder to find, and more expensive to boot.

I wonder if we might want to make a sticky with exactly this kind of unique supplier information in the parts for sale section. Maybe we could submit a vendor who has that one or two hard to find parts, and once verified that info. is added to a sticky in the announcements area.

Much as I hate to accept it, sometimes a part really is prone to failure because of design, or duty cycle, so I'm thinking the posts would probably be best off locked. Only verified purchasers of that part could submit additional info. for things like quality, compatibility or longevity of the part. It would really function more like a long, moderated, living "review" that we could all see evolve. That way, each post would be much more focused, so that we know where to source that one really hard to find part, and have a good expectation about what we are getting. There's few worse feelings than crossing your fingers when ordering something unusual from a new vendor, especially when it's a really expensive part. I suppose the Useful Links forum kind of does this already, but it's pretty big and info. can become challenging to find with so much to dig through.

Well, that's a lot more than two cents of thoughts I suppose. At any rate, thanks for sharing Phillip.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Hey Jose!

I'm just happy to be of service to the community. I know I need new ones and those connectors get old, brittle and will break if you look at them cross-eyed. He apparently has plans to include the earlier and later model types if these are well received, so there's that.

Keep BIG COUPE ALIVE!!

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
85MSteinway

Post by 85MSteinway »

still waiting on my set from Ivo. they are held up in US customs at the moment. will be nice to have ABS again, as driving without them provides a bit of a sphincter pucker factor.

Jay
L6
85 M635
85MSteinway

Post by 85MSteinway »

finally got my sensors from Ivo after being lost by fedex. Installed them over the weekend and took a nice 300 mile drive. all 4 were complete including grommets and plugs. all 4 worked perfectly.
L6
85 M635