Is Pukar Designs Still In Business?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Papillon

Is Pukar Designs Still In Business?

Post by Papillon »

I ordered couple of engine hood decals from Pukar in June. Only get automated email response regarding delays due to covid and family health issues.
Anyone receive any product from them lately?
emac

Re: Is Pukar Designs Still In Business?

Post by emac »

I have been waiting for close to a year. I did get one order from him about a year ago and placed another and havent heard back from him. We exchanged emails a couple of times and he was having family health problems. Seemed like a nice guy, hope all is well. I wish there were other vendors for the decals. His decals were top notch.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Same here. Ordered about a year ago. Multiple email follow ups and all I get are the auto responses about family difficulties, etc. I'm afraid our $ is gone. It's a shame, too, since he offered some high-quality product before things got sideways.
Mike Gray
1985 635CSi - Alpine white/black, 5 sp.
1991 M5- Alpine White II/black,
1988 M5 - Euro bumper conversion
2013 Aston Martin Vantage V8, MT, white/chestnut,
2011 M-B E350, 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano Gold, 2014 Porsche 911 7MT w/aero kit, 15K
Jubilados

Post by Jubilados »

I ordered in the beginning of the year, waited a few months with no delivery and no real responses to communications, so I had the charge reversed on my credit card.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Update on Kos from a local :-"

https://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32642

Might want to try and reverse the charges for now [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Papillon

Post by Papillon »

I have news. Received email from Pukar that decals were on the way 3weeks ago. Today I received the decals. They look great. It was worth the wait and suspense :D
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Glad to hear that Kos is back in business after suffering a family issue =D>

Indeed, he does great work at a very fair price :lol:
Bobbo
gray635

Post by gray635 »

Look at the email I just received:

Pukar Designs
Stickers on their way
We are sorry for any delay in processing and thank you for your custom
Order No. 10414 Placed on May 25, 2020

HI

sorry, my father passed away and inly now getting to grips with things

you order is on its way

again sorry for the delay

kos

PUKAR DESIGNS
www.pukardesigns.com
FB: www.facebook.com/pukar.designs
Instgram: @pukar.designs

2011 M-B E350, 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano Gold, 2014 Porsche 911 7MT w/aero kit, 15K
Jubilados

Post by Jubilados »

Well, hopefully you actually receive your order.
I got an email on September 13 saying my order had actually shipped.
2 months later, still nothing received.
Jubilados

Post by Jubilados »

D75C6AEF-7D8D-42AC-A68F-B418D9777C3D.jpeg
D75C6AEF-7D8D-42AC-A68F-B418D9777C3D.jpeg (174.47 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
emac

Post by emac »

Also got an email that my ordered has shipped.
kos

Post by kos »

HI Guys

Just want to apologise, and I am sincerely sorry for any delays and inconvenience

I have been working to clear the back log and i am almost there, Any order that have shipped should have a tracking number emailed to you to, but some behind the scenes glitches have prevented this.

what's been happening with me, welI take the time to read this….
Over the last 18 months I have had to deal with life changing circumstances. My father went in for what was a common heart operation to replace a heart valve. We all thought it went well, he was discharged but 2 days later he had a cardiac arrest, well he arrested twice. This him in a minimally conscious/vegetative state, on a feeding tube, unable to communicate or move and in a state of limbo. During this time I have had to also care for my mother (who suffered a broken hip during this time), deal with all the legal matters regarding my father to make financial decisions and ones for his health which wasn’t easy as every time something needed to be done we had to seek the courts permission. Throw covid into the mix, everything was a slow process. There was his business interests to take care of, my parents home needed unexpected works etc During this time I had all good intentions to continue with PD, but in hindsight I should have suspended it. I hold my hands up that I have made mistakes over the last 12-18 months. Covid, lock downs have not helped, delayed shipping, items lost etc. Some orders missed, emails ignored, delays from 3rd party suppliers. Then there was my personal life, this has suffered too. A relationship falling apart after 7 years and pressure from the regular job combined with my parents health and things involving them all took their toll on me and it has impacted my metal wellbeing.
When I did have some time to spare (which was rare) I just hid, turned everything off and did nothing. Unable to sleep, unable to rest with constant worrying about stuff and always said “I’ll sort it tomorrow”. Tomorrow became the day after, that became next week, next week was next month.... you get the idea.
Where am I now, well my father passed away late July ago and was recently laid to mid August, and early September I was made redundant from my job (working in civil aviation, so not unexpected). But since I buried my father and certain religious milestones have passed, I have now found peace myself. I have now refocused myself and with a clear head and with the time now available to me I will crack on to clear the mess i have in front of me.
The last 12-18 months I have damaged my reputation, but I hope that the reputation I had before, the 7/8 years of prior service to the community will hold some weight to rebuild the trust I may have lost. I got into this because of my love for the cars and the community. I have many friends in the community, some of them very close friends who i'd like to thank for their support. One thing that’s always made me smile was seeing the builds here, the community spirit because it is a passion that’s been with me for a long time and I’ve been involved with the BMW community for over 20 years and I hope to be a part of it for another 20 years. So, what I’m saying is, Sorry, but I’ll fix what I have broken and thank you again for you patience and understanding.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Welcome back kos. I wish you the best. Expect my business in the near future.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

Welcome back, good to see you getting back on your feet - more or less - after such a pile-up of sad happenings in your life. :shock:

Condolences for the loss of your father and all the hardship you had to go through, it's hard losing a parent.

I still remember our chat years ago on a Sharknosemeeting in the NL, the quality of your products and just an all-over nice guy with a passion.

Best of luck and if I need any labels in the future, I'll be sure to be knocking on your (online) door! =D>
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Kos,

Deeply sorry to hear about your father's passing and all the other misfortunes you have suffered.

Glad to hear that you are on the way back up to your usual happy self.

We'll get to meet again one day.

Best regds.

Ron.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Kos, my condolences for the loss of your father, had to be trying times with COVID and whatnot going on at the same time :(

But also glad to hear that you're on the mend as well =D>

Hang in there, brighter times are ahead [-o<
Bobbo
gray635

Post by gray635 »

I can confirm that Kos is doing his best to make things right. All my labels arrived today in good order. Hope things are improving for him now and I appreciate his contribution to our old BMW obsession.
Mike Gray
1985 635CSi - Alpine white/black, 5 sp.
kos

Post by kos »

Thank you guys

really appreciate your support and understanding
emac

Post by emac »

Very sorry to hear of the passing of your father. We all go through tough times and sometimes all we can do, is to do the next right thing. Delayed decals? So what. Glad you are finding a path back to peace. Wish I could buy you a beer.