Parting out '82 Euro 635CSi in PA

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

DesktopDave

Parting out '82 Euro 635CSi in PA

Post by DesktopDave »

The car was a freshwater flood victim, so there's not a lot of good stuff left. I bought it for the power train...so the motor, transmission & diff are spoken for.

Unfortunately the Euro bumpers are completely trashed and much of the bodywork is a rusty disaster. Trunk, hood, passenger door and roof panel could be salvaged.

The glass is still good, the body harness might be salvageable. Many plastic parts could be refreshed. It's a slicktop (non-sunroof car) and the roof is in great shape. Mirrors are OK, chrome trim is nice too. I don't mind taking pics, pulling parts or storing them for a while if anyone is interested.

Image Image

Image Image
'86 635CSi, currently running a B32 with Motronic 1.3
woody6

Re: Parting out '82 Euro 635CSi in PA

Post by woody6 »

you have a pm.
1985 M635Csi
1985 Euro 635CSi (MIA)
1997 540-6 (sold)
1986 635CSi (sold)
mojocoggo

Post by mojocoggo »

Are the rear seats/armrest too gross to re-use? Interested in the dash as well if it's relatively crack-free.
Bryan Moran

Post by Bryan Moran »

The dash looks good from the few shots. I don't need it but it should be saved unless I am missing something.

Put me in line for the trunk lid and / or spoiler. Shipping would be to 50310 Des Moines, Iowa. I'll take it if no one else is before me.

Thanks and merry Christmas!
Bryan Moran

1962 Triumph TR4
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

mojocoggo wrote:Are the rear seats/armrest too gross to re-use? Interested in the dash as well if it's relatively crack-free.
Seats are very dirty, but I think they're in decent cosmetic shape under the grime.
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

Bryan Moran wrote:The dash looks good from the few shots. I don't need it but it should be saved unless I am missing something.

Put me in line for the trunk lid and / or spoiler. Shipping would be to 50310 Des Moines, Iowa. I'll take it if no one else is before me.

Thanks and merry Christmas!
The dash isn't great, but it's not a complete loss either. Spoiler is pending but the trunk lid is solid and still available. I can hold it or attempt to send it via Greyhound or maybe freight.
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

All PMs responded to. Pics to follow!
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

Rear spoiler:
Image Image Image Image
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

Door seals, Passenger (right) side:
Image Image Image
Image Image

B-pillar, passenger (right) side:
Image Image

B-pillar, driver's (left) side:
Image Image Image

Driver's (left) side door seal:
Image Image Image
Image Image

Driver's (left) seat belt & driver's sill, carpet:
Image Image
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

Dashboard:
Image Image Image

Roof liner & grab bars:
Image Image

HVAC Panel:

Pedal Cluster:

Grilles & misc. parts:
GripGreg

PEDAL BOX

Post by GripGreg »

BTW; did a guy hook up with you about your pedal box?
He was looking on FirstFives & I mentioned you.
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
DesktopDave

Re: PEDAL BOX

Post by DesktopDave »

GripGreg wrote:BTW; did a guy hook up with you about your pedal box?
Yep, I just PM'd him. Thanks for the referral!

In regards to a 5-speed swap for E28-based cars, does anyone know if the pedal mounting box is different? I'm trying to find out if you can mount the clutch pedal and master cyl on an automatic car's pedal box. RealOEM is very confusing on the matter.

It looks to me that the auto & manual boxes could be the same, as the cruise control switch bracket is a bolt-on affair.
BuzzBomb

Post by BuzzBomb »

DesktopDave wrote:

In regards to a 5-speed swap for E28-based cars, does anyone know if the pedal mounting box is different? I'm trying to find out if you can mount the clutch pedal and master cyl on an automatic car's pedal box. RealOEM is very confusing on the matter.

It looks to me that the auto & manual boxes could be the same, as the cruise control switch bracket is a bolt-on affair.
e24 and e28 boxes and pedals are not compatible at all, if that's what you're asking.
As far as e28s are concerned, the auto and manual pedal boxes are not the same. They are very close, but the biggest difference is the lack of helper spring perch on the Auto pedal box. You need that for the clutch pedal return spring. It's also missing the clutch master mount.
brickwhite

parts

Post by brickwhite »

Mirrors, spoiler and shorter shift knob still available?

Thanks,
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

BuzzBomb wrote:
DesktopDave wrote:

e24 and e28 boxes and pedals are not compatible at all, if that's what you're asking.
As far as e28s are concerned, the auto and manual pedal boxes are not the same. They are very close, but the biggest difference is the lack of helper spring perch on the Auto pedal box. You need that for the clutch pedal return spring. It's also missing the clutch master mount.
Sorry - wasn't too clear with that post. I was talking about the E12-based early E24 and the E28-based later E24. IIRC BMW calls them the E24/1 and E24/2.

The diagrams on BMWFans.info and RealOEM aren't clear on the matter, but it looks likely. I'm wondering if the late model E24 has some of the same problems...missing brackets, perches, etc. for mounting a clutch pedal on the auto pedal cluster frame.

I'm pretty sure the E23 used the same pedal bracket. You could simply bolt on a clutch and brake pedal with appropriate springs. The E30 uses totally different brackets between auto & manual. Hopefully the E24 uses the same frame for both models regardless of transmission...what are the chances?
DesktopDave

Re: parts

Post by DesktopDave »

brickwhite wrote:Mirrors, spoiler and shorter shift knob still available?

Thanks,
I have a few offers on the spoiler & trunk. The shifter knob is available but in poor shape. Driver's mirror is available and in decent shape, slight bubbling on top. I'll PM a few pics tomorrow.
jabier73

Post by jabier73 »

Hi. I'm looking for a 0261200011 ECU and this '82 should have it. Do you know if the ECU could be affected? I wouldn't want to risk if you're not sure about it.
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

It does have the 011. I've cleaned it but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. I'll be converting it to a 179 eventually, I'll let you know when the 011 is available. The AFM will be with it too. They're matched, aren't they?
jabier73

Post by jabier73 »

Yes, they should be matched (not sure now which is the code for the AFM). If you can test they are functional before changing to the new ECU it would be nice. Let me know when you have them available.
kief

Post by kief »

Hey we talked on the phone earlier about that strut housing.

I'd love to have a field day on this car! All the interior, rear spoiler, rubber seals and such... Anything that isn't totally dried up from the Sun like everything is on my car.

How about the rear window motors? The regulators in both of mine are bad.

I think I sourced some good strut housings, so if I get my car fixed up soon, I'd like to drive out and take a look.
1984 BMW 633CSi - traded for 1979 Yamaha XS750
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

The car is a lot rougher than it looks in those pictures. I've also been picking it over to help out some other members. Much of the good stuff is already sold (door seals, seats, stereo, wheel and spoiler).

I'm hoping to have the car gone by the end of the year. If it's still here it's fair game. Big discounts if you want to pull it yourself...just be sure you're up to date on your tetanus booster!
[-o<

Rear actuators are still in the car.