dash cluster connector

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MisterFixit

dash cluster connector

Post by MisterFixit »

I am in need of a terminal from the instrument cluster connector - the blue on specifically. My hope is that someone has 'de-wired' a six before sending it off to the graveyard, and might have this connector still in the harness. See picture below...

BMW has discontinued this particular bit, as you could imagine... and lack of this terminal is putting a halt to a project I am almost finished with. If ANYONE out there has pulled the harness out of their 633 or 635 before sending it off to the junkyard, I would love to speak with you.
cluster conn. 1.jpg
cluster conn. 1.jpg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 679 times
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
Jlc

Re: dash cluster connector

Post by Jlc »

I don’t but if you can’t find one you might be able to adapt a standard connector. It might not have the lock but may work.

Here’s the type connector that may work:

https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/_/N-5 ... 06Z1z0wxp6
85 635CSi Bronzit
Spen

Post by Spen »

I have an E28 harness for spares to cut.

I could be wrong but I would assume this is the same. Perhaps you just need a single pin from this. I would sell it as a whole pigtail.

For this part maybe best to do it over the phone. Pm if interested for now.

For whole pigtail I would ask $20 plus actual shipping for a normal pigtail.

From 1987 535is e28.

Spence
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

Thanks for the offer! I will contact the customer and see if they agree to the minor cost, I suspect 'YES' will be their answer.
I'll get in touch with you by phone after we have lunch - going up the hill to try a new BBQ place - they smoke DUCK!

Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

OK, I am back from lunch, and it was a good one!
Apple-wood and Cherry-wood-smoked brisket, duck, and chicken, beans, potato salad, sweet tea and of course, a beer.

I am ready to discuss - Spen, you have a pm.
Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"