Seat console removal

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GagHalfrunt

Seat console removal

Post by GagHalfrunt »

Hello,

I am currently restoring a 635CSi from 1979 and I have a question regarding the seat console:
I would like to remove the driver's seat console, since I'm afraid, that it is quite rusty underneath it. Also I would like to use this occasion the restore the brackets which are welded to the sill.
Does anybody know how the console is welded to the floor panel? I started from the sill drilling the welding spots (please see attachment, highlighted in red) but it seems that I'm missing some. If possible, I would like to avoid to weaken the floor panel and seat console by unnecessary drilling.
Is it safe to remove the seat console, or is it relevant for the structure of the body and I should not remove it?

Thank you in advance, best regards,
Christian
Attachments
201810291341155bd70dfbf0d4f.jpg
201810291341155bd70dfbf0d4f.jpg (102.52 KiB) Viewed 6441 times
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Seat console removal

Post by GRNSHRK »

Christian, board moderator here :roll:

Don't have an answer to your question, but I wanted to let you know that I am going to move your thread to the "Interior" forum, where it should be [-o<

The "Workshop" forum is for discussing things like tools, compressors, how to set up your garage, that sort of thing :-k

Good luck getting that bit separated :wink:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
GagHalfrunt

Re: Seat console removal

Post by GagHalfrunt »

Hi GRNSHRK,

oops, sorry for picking the wrong forum... :oops:

Thank you, I hope someone already had the same problem or can help me with some information [-o<