FS: m30b33 engine, trans, megasquirt, wideband O2

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

akluminus

FS: m30b33 engine, trans, megasquirt, wideband O2

Post by akluminus »

Hi all. I had originally set my e24 car up for turbo, but have decided to swap in a m62b44 instead, so I'm looking for a buyer for the engine + trans + megasquirt in the car now. It is still in the car, so it can be test driven! Located in Portland, Oregon.

Engine has about 215k-220K miles or so, the odometer stopped working at 211982. It has been switched over to running via Megasquirt, wasted spark. I do not have the original sensors (e.g. air flow meter) to move it back to a stock configuration. The intake manifold has been modified for moving the throttle body to the other side (for easier intercooler pipe routing), the oil pan tapped for turbo oil return, and the oil filter housing tapped for turbo oil supply. Transmission might need new input shaft bearing. When the clutch was replaced in 2020 with a Clutch Masters FX300 Stage 3 ($550, have receipt), all clutch related parts were changed (pilot bearing, clutch, pressure plate) resurfaced flywheel. The clutch is now just broken in.

Since this engine hasn't been removed yet, there are some various oil leaks, but nothing that would puddle on the ground, to be expected for this age. I do have the Motronic ECU, but the engine wiring harness has been modified for use with Megasquirt.

Megasquirt is a MS3X357-C with wideband O2. I'll definitely consider separating the megasquirt but would prefer to sell the whole package with transmission.

I'd like to get $1000 for the whole drivetrain (engine, harness, engine accessories, transmission, Megasquirt MS3, wideband O2), minus the driveshaft.

Aaron
Last edited by akluminus on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
akluminus

Re: FS: m30b33 engine, trans, megasquirt, wideband O2

Post by akluminus »

Updated price to $1000.

Aaron
N44RP

Post by N44RP »

Have you considered selling the mega squirt separate officially? If so, let’s talk.
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

It's looking likely I'm going to part the engine, trans and megasquirt out separately. So far zero hits on the package, which is a bit unfortunate as it's in pretty good running shape.

Sometime around mid next month I'm going to be pulling it apart for the V8 swap.
rrrs

Post by rrrs »

Hi,

I would be really interested in MS plus harness, possibly some sensors.
Have a 102 turbo setup lined for my car so this could be really perfect for me.

Please email me if you would be willing to sell just that!
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

I haven't pulled it out quite yet, should be in the next week or two, but I think I have enough interest that I will be willing to sell off the megasquirt and related parts as a conversion kit, which would include big injectors, wideband O2, intake tubing, the ICV and piping, the crank trigger wheel and sensor, and the LS coil.